• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Bummer! Really wanted the Showcase #60 in tonight's CL auction, but it went higher than expected. :cry:

That was a nice copy. I guess a few people thought so as well, and bid it up :eek:

A better one will come along :wishluck:

Bummer! Really wanted the Showcase #60 in tonight's CL auction, but it went higher than expected. :cry:

That was a nice copy. I guess a few people thought so as well, and bid it up :eek:

A better one will come along :wishluck:

I bid on this Showcase #60 too.

It is the fourth time in a year and an half I am outbid for a Showcase #60 (and was the highest bid behind the winner twice)...

:sorry:

Strong price on that #17, in PGX mode. It looks like it grades around a 7.0 +/- to me.

I was interested in that one as well, but it looked like it had a rather dirty front cover (and rusty staples?). Probably not a 7.5 in the CGC world, but it was tempting until the bid took off north of $2k.

After seeing that 60 finish price, it made me feel pretty happy I got the Don / Maggie when I did. That cover is stellar though. One of the best in the run.

I was just behind you on the Don/Maggie auction and it seemed already too expensive because a 9.8 sold around $1750 on ebay in late 2013 and a 9.6 sold around $1400 on CLink in early 2014.

With these last sales, it does not seem expensive at all and the Don/Maggie copy looks way more beautiful than the other copies.

Strong price on that #17, in PGX mode. It looks like it grades around a 7.0 +/- to me.

I was interested in that one as well, but it looked like it had a rather dirty front cover (and rusty staples?). Probably not a 7.5 in the CGC world, but it was tempting until the bid took off north of $2k.

That top staple does look a little dark, now that you mention it hm

That books is a toughie.

Thanks. The combination of eye appeal and good prices for the low grades are the reason I picked them up. I figured that they would make nice speculative under copies over the next couple of years.

Edited by kimik

As soon as I saw it, I had to buy it. This is the 10th Don/Maggie in my set.

SHOWCASE%2045%209_2%20White%20Don%20Maggie%20Front_zpsextwm3yc.jpg

Wonderful !! :golfclap:

Don/Maggie collection is definitively the best pedigree for Showcase.

If not the highest graded, these books have always the best page quality.

Glad to receive this one this week from a boardie, and at a reasonable price (especially given the recent uptick in GPA)

Showcase_34_zps4u9zkxq2.jpg

What a fantastic copy. The colors just pop. BTW, one of the very best covers of the SA. I've read the book many times and love the origin tale. Congrats! :cloud9:(worship)

My 1-64 set was awarded one of the 3 top Silver Age sets in the registry awards today. I big thanks goes out to the boardie, Boba, for requesting the set earlier this year and also trading some books with me to help me complete the run.