• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Do you think there are any more Suspense Comics #3 type books out there now?

Meaning books that are currently difficult to find but currently don't have the collectors interest they could have over the next 10-20 years?

Meaning books that are currently difficult to find but currently don't have the collectors interest they could have over the next 10-20 years?

indeed. There are still many under appreciated gems. I'm always on the lookout

indeed. There are still many under appreciated gems. I'm always on the lookout
:taptaptap:

I'm guessing the response is a figure it out for yourself reply.

Otherwise he might be the one responsible for creating a new demand for some books? lol

Anyway just curious because a few books have come up when asking this question to other collectors/dealers but since only one wasn't surprised by the rapid Suspense comics #3 climb of the 1990's I don't know how much faith you can put into their crystal balls.

Suspense 3 is a great cover. Not much guts to it

Speed 28 is cool

Terrific 5 is awesome

Amf 2/5 is timeless classic

Amazing man 22

There are many books that fall in the really cool cover vein, but are not widely appreciated outside of a smaller circle

Rick:

Gaines file copies were ranked, if I recall correctly by Bob Overstreet. How accurate do you think they are now compared with back when Bob and Bill unveiled the collection? Factor in the fact that pressing now exists etc. (what I mean is is copy #8 still the 8th best or do you think it might be the "best" copy)

How about an artist that you feel isn't getting the attention they might get in the future?

Is there another Lou Fine waiting for Steranko to showcase his work in hardcover or an LB Cole for Overstreet to draw attention to?

Who's flying under the collector's radar these days if any?

Rick:

Gaines file copies were ranked, if I recall correctly by Bob Overstreet. How accurate do you think they are now compared with back when Bob and Bill unveiled the collection? Factor in the fact that pressing now exists etc. (what I mean is is copy #8 still the 8th best or do you think it might be the "best" copy)

Having seen multiple copies of same issue they are fairly accurate. If they've been manipulated then that changes the landscape

How about an artist that you feel isn't getting the attention they might get in the future?

Is there another Lou Fine waiting for Steranko to showcase his work in hardcover or an LB Cole for Overstreet to draw attention to?

Who's flying under the collector's radar these days if any?

gustavson is one of my favs!

Believe it or not, we ended up spending most of our time in San Diego outside the convention hall this year

But crowds were heavy and sales were strong!

Believe it or not, we ended up spending most of our time in San Diego outside the convention hall this year

You really hooped it up on the courts Friday, but Rox told me you threw your back out Sunday. Are you OK now? :foryou:

This was an exceptionally strong SDCC & my experience as well. Great seeing you and Bridget again. :hi:

You really hooped it up on the courts Friday, but Rox told me you threw your back out Sunday. Are you OK now? :foryou:

This was an exceptionally strong SDCC & my experience as well. Great seeing you and Bridget again. :hi:

I was "crooked" bad on sunday....went to put my bag and box of comics in the room sunday afternoon and return to con (that's why I was mia on dinners) and moved in such a way as to pinch my sciatic nerve and still today, I can barely move .... I look like the leaning tower of pisa when I stand "upright"...going to see arthopedic tomorrow

went to put my bag and box of comics in the room sunday afternoon and return to con (that's why I was mia on dinners) and moved in such a way as to pinch my sciatic nerve

If only you'd taken me up on my offer to alleviate your burden by unloading the Funny Pages to me. :insane:

I hope you get better soon :foryou:

went to put my bag and box of comics in the room sunday afternoon and return to con (that's why I was mia on dinners) and moved in such a way as to pinch my sciatic nerve

If only you'd taken me up on my offer to alleviate your burden by unloading the Funny Pages to me. :insane:

thanks...just moving is a challenge :cry:

thanks...just moving is a challenge :cry:

I'd suggest making an appointment for a lengthy deep tissue massage from Massage Envy or similar respectable masseuse. Always helped when I pulled or strained a muscle. Hope you get back to normal soon, Rick. :wishluck: