• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Hot Rumor: Guess Who Might Be Referenced In Marvel's 'Ant-Man'

In between Edgar Wright's departure and Ant-Man's production, several drafts of the -script were written by writers like Adam McKay, Paul Rudd, Gabriel Ferrari, and Andrew Barrer. Apparently tweaks and re-writes went on longer than we knew about, because Ant-Man will have the first Spider-Man easer eggs of the MCU.

The Sony/Marvel Spider-Man sharing deal wasn't announced until early this year, but Ant-Man will start planting the seeds for the character to make his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War as a fully-formed hero without an origin story retread. In the MCU, by the time Ant-Man occurs, Spider-Man exists.

We've heard an unconfirmed rumor there is "lots of" talk of/references to Spider-Man and OsCorp in the current version of Ant-Man.

Saw the trailer for this at the weekend on the big screen.

I really liked it and what bodes well is even the little lady thought it looked good...

Got high hopes for this one!

My kids and I had the opposite reaction. Time will tell, but I think Ant-Man will be Marvel's first dud. GotG looked great in the trailers while Ant-Man does not........

Based on my kids' reactions, this may be the first super hero movie I miss in the theatres. Or, I will go with a couple of comic collecting buddies and leave them at home. Gauging on the reaction of other friends' kids, I think this one will be the first Marvel miss.

Edited by kimik

In between Edgar Wright's departure and Ant-Man's production, several drafts of the -script were written by writers like Adam McKay, Paul Rudd, Gabriel Ferrari, and Andrew Barrer. Apparently tweaks and re-writes went on longer than we knew about, because Ant-Man will have the first Spider-Man easer eggs of the MCU.

The Sony/Marvel Spider-Man sharing deal wasn't announced until early this year, but Ant-Man will start planting the seeds for the character to make his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War as a fully-formed hero without an origin story retread. In the MCU, by the time Ant-Man occurs, Spider-Man exists.

We've heard an unconfirmed rumor there is "lots of" talk of/references to Spider-Man and OsCorp in the current version of Ant-Man.

VERY interesting... It sounds like this will wind up being relative filler as many have speculated, but for a VERY good reason, if it winds up paving Spider-Man's origin hm

Would make sense if someone were to make a joke about superheroes being bug related.

"First Spider-Man, now Ant-Man, what's next? Cricket-Man?"

Would make sense if someone were to make a joke about superheroes being bug related.

"First Spider-Man, now Ant-Man, what's next? Cricket-Man?"

Sounds like we'll probably get something very close to those lines lol

Looks like he is wearing a red one piece women's bathing suit.

Looks like he's wearing an Ant-Man costume to me. :shrug:

So.............Ant-man costume = red one piece women's bathing suit? lol

tumblr_inline_n4mculCIvU1rg9u4e.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4mculCIvU1rg9u4e.jpg

Now, if Marvel had gone the way of the female revamps with their comics recently and cast her as Ant-Man in a red "suit" they would have a huge winner on their hands. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

I'm still going with Thor I / Captain America 1 numbers for Ant Man. Guardians of the Galaxy this ain't.

Captain America didn't even hit $400 mill. worldwide.

Granted, the international box office has vastly expanded since then, as has the coordination (studios used to roll out internationally weeks after the domestic release. Now they're released abroad concurrently or even prior to the U.S.)

And by this rubric -- (i.e., Thor 1 numbers of $180 domestic / $450 international) Ant Man will be considered a failure.

those are pre-avengers numbers, during the universe building phase, absolutely and completely not possible. they would have to green lantern level bomb about 3 films in a row, to push a MCU film back down to that box office level.

based on the 'stock' trading, estimates are for Ant-Man to do around $175MM US and therefore $525MM WW.

based on the 'stock' trading, estimates are for Ant-Man to do around $175MM US and therefore $525MM WW.

Studios do tracking on movies, that is pretty reliable, and everything I have heard over the past six months tracks it much higher than that. I think $700-$750 is around where it will land, with potential upside if it reviews well, to land even higher.

Studios do tracking on movies, that is pretty reliable, and everything I have heard over the past six months tracks it much higher than that. I think $700-$750 is around where it will land, with potential upside if it reviews well, to land even higher.

the 'stock market' was way off to the downside on GOTG and the upside on Avengers 2, so it's not an exact science by any stretch

the 'stock market' was way off to the downside on GOTG and the upside on Avengers 2, so it's not an exact science by any stretch

It's getting to be where people can't even predict the future accurately anymore. Sheesh.