• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I'd love how they get by grading this a 10...the bottom left and top left corners have one of those printer caused extended areas that most all of my non 10s have and the staple alignment is off

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301636481859?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This seems very suspect. Top Left corner has fraying which eliminates it from being a 10

Same thing with a Danger Girl variant I had a couple years ago, only that corner was worse than the ASM 4 here. I gave up on understanding the difference between 9.8, 9.9s and 10s.

Jerome

The difference is a few thousand bucks if you can find a buyer. But I agree, there's no REAL way guarantee beyond a 9.8+

I'd love how they get by grading this a 10...the bottom left and top left corners have one of those printer caused extended areas that most all of my non 10s have and the staple alignment is off

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301636481859?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This seems very suspect. Top Left corner has fraying which eliminates it from being a 10

Same thing with a Danger Girl variant I had a couple years ago, only that corner was worse than the ASM 4 here. I gave up on understanding the difference between 9.8, 9.9s and 10s.

Jerome

The difference is a few thousand bucks if you can find a buyer. But I agree, there's no REAL way guarantee beyond a 9.8+

I think it's just the whim of whoever is grading your book. I submitted a book that I could find absolutely no flaws with that I figured had a shot at a 9.9 or 10 and came back a 9.8

Few shops I've been to locally are getting extremely low on Fight Club 2 #1...

Kinda wanting to pull the trigger on more copies, but not sure...

which cover

I'm only finding a few of the David Mack covers.

I posted this earlier but the only issue of the TFAW Variant is burning it up right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIGHT-CLUB-2-1-TFAW-VARIANT-SOLD-OUT-COMICS-TYLER-DURDEN-MOVIE-BOOK-NM-/271880283119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4d53e3ef

Why haven't there been anymore listings of this book?

Because you haven't gotten your shipment in yet.

Arent people tired already? Or broke?

Apparently not. If you thought the Ms. Marvel hype had died down, this sat at $510 for about 2-3 days, then boom.

Captain Marvel #17 2nd Print - 5 copies

I smell something fishy with that auction. Winning bidder had 62% activity with that seller and 8 bid retractions in 6 months. cough cough cough SHILL!!!

Apparently not. If you thought the Ms. Marvel hype had died down, this sat at $510 for about 2-3 days, then boom.

I smell something fishy with that auction. Winning bidder had 62% activity with that seller and 8 bid retractions in 6 months. cough cough cough SHILL!!!

Wow, I did not even notice that! They have a high rating, wonder if there is some bartering going on. Bid it up, retract, then offer a second chance to the next guy.

Wow, I did not even notice that! They have a high rating, wonder if there is some bartering going on. Bid it up, retract, then offer a second chance to the next guy.

These kind of shenanigans drive me nuts and are the main reason I avoid eBay auctions if I can help it.

These kind of shenanigans drive me nuts and are the main reason I avoid eBay auctions if I can help it.

Looks like another 5 just got listed by the same seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Copies-CAPTAIN-MARVEL-17-2nd-Print-1st-APP-FIRST-COVER-for-MS-MARVEL-/111683299314

Looks like another 5 just got listed by the same seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Copies-CAPTAIN-MARVEL-17-2nd-Print-1st-APP-FIRST-COVER-for-MS-MARVEL-/111683299314

And the game begins...seller uses shill to inflate the price and then re-lists in an attempt to get someone else to pay close to the new "value."

This is as shilly as it gets. I reported the seller to eBay. Let's see what happens, if anything.