• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,874 posts in this topic

This will be DEFINITELY interesting to follow… (thumbs u

A couple of years ago, someone sold a high grade complete run of Uomo Ragno, issue 44 was in VF/NM shape and sold for over 3000€.

Never saw another with the medal one since today, it will probably go for over 2000€.

This will be DEFINITELY interesting to follow… (thumbs u

A couple of years ago, someone sold a high grade complete run of Uomo Ragno, issue 44 was in VF/NM shape and sold for over 3000€.

Never saw another with the medal one since today, it will probably go for over 2000€.

Holy smokes that's cool!!!!! WOW! :o

Hello guys.... Look at these CORNO Beauties sitting in my collection :) ...

This is a full "Medalcalcio" set on 9.4/9.8 books

medalc10.jpg

medalc11.jpg

medalc12.jpg

This is the rare Corriere della Paura #1 with the golden medallion still Shrinkwrapped with the book ( W O W... probably just 2-3 copies still exist in these conditions!):

cdp1go10.jpg

This is the rare Corriere della Paura #1 with the silver medallion still Shrinkwrapped with the book ( W O W... probably just 2-3 copies still exist in these conditions!):

cdp1si10.jpg

Woah :o

Liam, your sig line is really looking great!!! and i am sure that scratches the surface.

Thank you very much! :)

I went ahead and uploaded almost my entire collection to www.ForeignComicBooks.com - if you get a chance, take a quick looksee :)

What about these?

Fantastici Quattro Corno 154 shrinkwrapped with the Supereroi sticker album...less than 3 in existance!!!

fq154a10.jpg

fq154b10.jpg

and.....drumroll:

Uomo Ragno 179 shrinkwrapped with the Supereroi sticker album...less than 2 in existance!!

ur179a10.jpg

ur179b10.jpg

:-)

What about these?

Fantastici Quattro Corno 154 shrinkwrapped with the Supereroi sticker album...less than 3 in existance!!!

fq154a10.jpg

fq154b10.jpg

and.....drumroll:

Uomo Ragno 179 shrinkwrapped with the Supereroi sticker album...less than 2 in existance!!

ur179a10.jpg

ur179b10.jpg

:-)

Cool books.

Shouldn't that read "less than 3 KNOWN in existence" and "less than 2 KNOWN in existence"? (shrug)

My first posting here! Greetings to all other italian collectors here!

My congratulations for what xxxphoenix showed us (we traded some stickers and cards some time ago, remember?)! Really wonderfull!

I'm not sure if anybody already spoke here about Italian edition of Star Wars #1, the newest Marvel Series.

Simply I'd like to inform all foreign collectors interested, that Panini Comics (Italian publisher) pubblished issue #1 with some variant covers, exclusive for Italian edition.

They are by Lee Bermejo, Greg Tocchini, Renato Guedes and Paul Renard.

You can have a look here: Star Wars #1

Panini Comics did the same for Darth Vade#1. Exclusive covers by Francesco Mattina, Matteo Scalera, Ramon Perez and Carlos D' Anda.

You can see them here: Darth Vader#1

Edited by Atreides

My congratulations for what xxxphoenix showed us (we traded some stickers and cards some time ago, remember?)! Really wonderfull!

I'm not sure if anybody already spoke here about Italian edition of Star Wars #1, the newest Marvel Series.

Simply I'd like to inform all foreign collectors interested, that Panini Comics (Italian publisher) pubblished issue #1 with some variant covers, exclusive for Italian edition.

Panini Comics did the same for Darth Vade#1. Exclusive covers by Francesco Mattina, Matteo Scalera, Ramon Perez and Carlos D' Anda.

How much do/did these sell for in Europe? I see listings on eBay that are all over the map for these comics, ranging from $15 each all the way up to $50 each.

I'm heading to Europe next week and am hoping to pick up some of these issues, so I'm looking at a ballpark for what these comics will cost.

Also, do the collector boxes contain all the variants?

Edited by rjrjr

The Star Wars collector box appears to contain many variants, so probably yes.

Personally I would never pay much for these variants. They usually retail for 5 Euro, so unless they have a more limited print run (some do) I would not pay more than 10-15 Euro.

All the variant have a printed price of 5,00€. You can easily find them in comic shops but one variant cover, exclusive for the collector box.

In the collector box you find ALL the covers and the retail price is 29.90€ (it contains 6 comic books). It's not sold out so it can be easily found.

Light side box

Dark Side box (Darth Vader)

Hope this helps.

If someone is interested in, I can buy something in my bookshop for you ;)

I do remember you :)

And for our foreign friends...a glimpse at one of my UOMO RAGNO (1st series, ed. Corno) Collections...(This one is composed by VF/NM to NM+ books only)

This series lasted from 1970 to 1981, and saw 283 issues printed.

For us it has a very important hystorical importance because it contains the very first Spidey appearances in Italy...in italian language!

In my pics you can see the different ways the stickers were attached to the books and some of the posters.

Ciao!

Federico

20150410.jpg

20150411.jpg

20150412.jpg

20150413.jpg

20150414.jpg

20150415.jpg

20150416.jpg

20150417.jpg

20150418.jpg

20150419.jpg

20150420.jpg

20150421.jpg

20150422.jpg

20150423.jpg

20150424.jpg

20150425.jpg

20150426.jpg

Wonderful collection, Federico! (thumbs u

Most of mine are in average shape, as are the very same I bought at the newsstands, and I kept the late ones, as they were those which i personally purchased and read as a kid. For the Fantastic Four, I decided to go for the Gigante reprint, to which I am affectioned, when I find copies in nice shape, and so I am selling the rest. :)

Unfortunately my parents didn't allow me to buy Marvel comics when I was a child... so I read Topolino (Mickey Mouse) 'till the age of 10 :)

I started reading Marvel stories very late... I remember that during the summer on the Adriatic Riviera ...it must have been 1985...there were TONS and TONS of Corno Marvel comic books at the local newsstands selling... like 10 for a penny (£100) :)

Ciao!

Federico