• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I don't do much original art. I do have a couple nice pieces on the walls and have bought/sold some in the past. A few years ago I picked up the Mighty Mouse & Heckle & Jeckle Animator's bound volumes from a seller on ebay. He also had a lot of mostly Fawcett western art. These went so cheap that I could hardly pass them up so I didn't...

rockylane27art2_zpsypxjcyrz.jpg

I remember when those were offered. Am too cheap and now regret not snapping at least one example. Glad to see some went where they are appreciated :thumbsup:

Yeah, they went VERY cheap. There was basically one other guy and me bidding. I let him have most of the western stuff. The seller got bored selling them one at a time and started offering them in large groups. I sold most of what I got a while ago for a tidy profit and just bought more funny books!

While most of you guys were fishing in the big HA pond today, I managed to hook a few nice horror books locally. At guide or slightly under with no buyer's premium!

comphantomstranger1_zpsx0pzyc2f.jpg

Buying this one at guide is a score and a half!

The guy I got these from is an older local guy that I have known for years . He isn't on the boards, doesn't use the Internet and only recently got a flip phone. Very old school. He is an excellent grader and uses Overstreet for pricing. He is not a condition freak and just wants to have presentable copies in his collection. I traded up on most of the better condition ones. I traded him my lower grade copy and the cash difference. He has an incredible collection. It's really hard to get him to part with stuff but if I can find some stuff he wants, the boxes open. Had an exceptional day today!