• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption of that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

All I want is just a decent reading copy right now and prices are over inflated as heck. I had like a zillion copies of this book back in the day and just can't bring myself to pull the trigger at these [raw] prices.

A decent looking copy just hit Metropolis for $260. They're calling it 9.4. Looks more like 9.0/9.2 IMO. With a press perhaps it eeks out 9.4?

Seems a little steep but if Elektra shows up in DD season 2 it will probably wind up a bargain.

Please don't quote me on this if it turns out to be wrong, but I have an industry buddy who's saying it's going to be the Punisher.

-J.

That makes a lot more sense, given the tenor of the series so far. Btw, I really enjoyed it. :)

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption of that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

All I want is just a decent reading copy right now and prices are over inflated as heck. I had like a zillion copies of this book back in the day and just can't bring myself to pull the trigger at these [raw] prices.

A decent looking copy just hit Metropolis for $260. They're calling it 9.4. Looks more like 9.0/9.2 IMO. With a press perhaps it eeks out 9.4?

Seems a little steep but if Elektra shows up in DD season 2 it will probably wind up a bargain.

Please don't quote me on this if it turns out to be wrong, but I have an industry buddy who's saying it's going to be the Punisher.

-J.

That makes a lot more sense, given the tenor of the series so far. Btw, I really enjoyed it. :)

+1

I know I for one am champing at the bit to finally see a Marvel iteration of the Punisher.

-J.

Not sure why the Daredevil show would matter. Did any books see an price increase from season 1? The format in which Netflix releases them does not leave room for any character build up or anticipation like the other shows and movies. Heck, they barely even release what DD was going to look like before the show aired.

Of the four shows they are releasing I would say only Luke Cage #1 and Alias #1 have taken a jump, maybe Defenders. Luke Cage was due for a price adjustment at any rate.

It's just that I don't really understand why this character is commanding Harley Quinn type money right now. There's so many darn copies out there.

Batman Adventures #12 in 9.4 raw is going for a lot more than $240.

Edited by ygogolak

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

I picked up half a dozen copies of DD 168 over the past year because compared to the other drek that brings $100 in 9.0 or so, it was a screaming deal. It was only a matter of time, show or no show, before it adjusted.

Hell, I still think it's a great deal, even at current prices.

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

I picked up half a dozen copies of DD 168 over the past year because compared to the other drek that brings $100 in 9.0 or so, it was a screaming deal. It was only a matter of time, show or no show, before it adjusted.

Smart cookie. Comics is like this. :grin: In the current market, many good books are falling into the shadows, as the masses respond to "news".

Smart cookie. Comics is like this. :grin: In the current market, many good books are falling into the shadows, as the masses respond to "news".

Based on recent prices on TDKR #4, youd probably be wise to stock up on other DD miller books, I buy DD181 & 227 every time i see them cheap, in the past year I managed to get at least a dozen for under $10 on 181 raw NM and under $5 for 227..

And heres one that recently sold for over 60

Sometime a wise investment is not just a major key

ShaZaaaaaaaam! :sumo:

Shazam 6 :acclaim:

Best offer accepted? Plus, I'll take the credit for that book as I featured it as a creepy cover in a haul video.

Yep, after some serious low-balling. Followed my wife's advice . . . :grin:

What about this...think they'll be any interest?

<a  href=https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3877/14304929149_3915a3287e_z.jpg' alt='14304929149_3915a3287e_z.jpg'>IMG WHAT IF #35

mm

What about this...think they'll be any interest?

<a  href=https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3877/14304929149_3915a3287e_z.jpg' alt='14304929149_3915a3287e_z.jpg'>IMG WHAT IF #35

mm

But no one ever dies. She's been around since then.

Probably not. I view her like Moon Knight. A lot of collector interest, but not a lot of fans. Other than the first appearance, everything else is a bit meh.

Still looking for my reading copy. :frustrated:

War Is Hell 9 and 10 seem to be quickly gathering steam as early Death Appearances, rumored to be in the Doctor Strange movie.

I believe Captain Marvel 26 is the first appearance although it's a little fuzzy to me.

And I am quite sure I own zero copies of War is Hell 9 and 10. Those were the first non-reprint issues.

War Is Hell 9 and 10 seem to be quickly gathering steam as early Death Appearances, rumored to be in the Doctor Strange movie.

I believe Captain Marvel 26 is the first appearance although it's a little fuzzy to me.

And I am quite sure I own zero copies of War is Hell 9 and 10. Those were the first non-reprint issues.

first mistress death (the death we all know because of Thanos first appears in CM 26)