• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

APPEARANCES! Find Your Favorite Creators and Celebs Here!
20 20

1,859 posts in this topic

Is John Romita Sr going to any cons this year? I know NYComics has a signing with him (and they're fabulous!), and maybe DWC/Celestial CBCS (they've treated me well in the past but its hard to overlook some of their recent issues), but I'd like to actually *gasp* meet him and get comics signed in person. Any knowledge would be appreciated. Does he usually show up at SDCC? I know he was at Florida Supercon last year but it doesn't look like he's going this year.

Thanks.

He rarely does cons anymore. You have a better chance of getting the man's signature than meeting him.

I've got enough of his sigs to last a lifetime (5?). What I don't have is a selfie of me and him together holding some very modern wolverine comics signed by herb trimpe and stan lee, preferably with him effectively using facial expressions to convey his confusion over why anyone would want him, trimpe, or stan to sign a 2015 Wolverine comic.

Is John Romita Sr going to any cons this year? I know NYComics has a signing with him (and they're fabulous!), and maybe DWC/Celestial CBCS (they've treated me well in the past but its hard to overlook some of their recent issues), but I'd like to actually *gasp* meet him and get comics signed in person. Any knowledge would be appreciated. Does he usually show up at SDCC? I know he was at Florida Supercon last year but it doesn't look like he's going this year.

Thanks.

He rarely does cons anymore. You have a better chance of getting the man's signature than meeting him.

I've got enough of his sigs to last a lifetime (5?). What I don't have is a selfie of me and him together holding some very modern wolverine comics signed by herb trimpe and stan lee, preferably with him effectively using facial expressions to convey his confusion over why anyone would want him, trimpe, or stan to sign a 2015 Wolverine comic.

I understand the feelings about Stan, since his only connection to Wolverine is that he created the Hulk, and without the Hulk there might not have been a Wolverine (although Hulk 180-182 all say "Stan Lee presents" at the top of the first page), but Trimpe and Romita helped design Wolverine, with Trimpe of course being the artist, so not sure why you think it's inappropriate for someone to want a Wolverine comic signed by Romita as a co-creator of the character.

Romita thought of the idea for the friggin claws to pop out!

and to correct Revat he did not go to Florida Supercon.

I do not think he will be travelling to many cons but he is very receptive to private signings with us. We plan to do another one over the summer.

Best,

Sean

I saw this press release and assumed, I found no confirmation of his attendance or cancellation.

That must have sucked for fsc to announce his cancellation

http://www.conventionscene.com/tag/john-romita-Sr.

As for the other part, it's your money and your book. If you want it signed, don't let some internet troll stop you.

I saw this press release and assumed, I found no confirmation of his attendance or cancellation.

As for the other part, it's your money and your book. If you want it signed, don't let some internet troll stop you.

I don't recall fsc ever announcing a Romita Sr.cancellation. He was suddenly nowhere to be found on their web page.

Thanks.

He canceled out of FSC last year and may actually never have agreed to attend. He has snuck into SDCC in the past to sign at the HERO booth but I have no idea otherwise.

I don't recall fsc ever announcing a Romita Sr.cancellation. He was suddenly nowhere to be found on their web page.

They had him listed as a guest in 2014. He has not been listed as a guest this year.

Anyone know Bout another Marv Wolfman appearance?

He broke his hip walking his dog earlier this year. The accident led him to understandably cancel some con appearances. He's doing better but its a slow process. Follow him on Facebook for more info.

Thanks.

He canceled out of FSC last year and may actually never have agreed to attend. He has snuck into SDCC in the past to sign at the HERO booth but I have no idea otherwise.

From what I was told, he never even agreed to go to the show.

Thanks.

From what I was told, he never even agreed to go to the show.

Not true Darrell. He was scheduled but chose to cancel when his son was unable to attend due to family obligations.

Herb Trimpe has been removed. Thanks for some great memories Herb!

Par2ch is no longer accepting for Heroes Con.

Patrick Warburton has been added to the list. I thought I was likely the only one with interest in him until the recent post in the Celebrity books thread.

Joe Giella will be at Eternal Con, so he has been added to the list. If you know who he is, get your books ready! If you don’t know, then it’s probably not for you.

Rich Buckler will be at Eternal Con in a rare appearance.

Walter Koenig will be at Florida Super Con. He appears to be getting out less and less, as does George Takei.

Connecticut Comicon as added because the guest list is freaking awesome.

Herb Trimpe has been removed. Thanks for some great memories Herb!

[font:Book Antiqua]You can remove also Leonard Nimoy,

he is no longer with us...[/font]

:(

:facepalm:

I swear that I did that long ago.

So sorry....