• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

55495e0e6a260.jpg

Pym can't catch a break. First they dis him on Ultron, and now he gets last billing on the poster. :facepalm:

Unfortunately he wasn't developed early enough for the movies, now being played by a 70 yr old actor and they took Ultron's creation away from him. . Should have been done a better way. He has been dissed.

Or maybe its because Marvel itself let the original become a bit dark with the spousal abuse and mental issues.

Edited by Sergio

55495e0e6a260.jpg

Pym can't catch a break. First they dis him on Ultron, and now he gets last billing on the poster. :facepalm:

Unfortunately he wasn't developed early enough for the movies, now being played by a 70 yr old actor and they took Ultron's creation away from him. . Should have been done a better way. He has been dissed.

Or maybe its because Marvel itself let the original become a bit dark with the spousal abuse and mental issues.

I could see a young pym ending up in Agent carter eventually, and helping to found shield with Peggy and Howard Stark

These 'Ant-Man' Quotes Make Me Really Sad We'll Never See Edgar Wright's Version

Empire Magazine‘s newest issue is all about the upcoming Marvel movie. In it, Evangeline Lilly – who plays Hope van Dyne (daughter of Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne) and possibly The Wasp in the film – talked about how Peyton Reed’s version differs from Edgar Wright’s. Check it out below (via Comic Book Movie):

"I met with Paul [Rudd, who plays Ant-Man], in a little restaurant in New York City, and he talked me through how the movie was changing. I think the most defining difference between the two scripts was that Edgar’s didn’t take itself as seriously. It was fun and silly and brilliant irreverent – a romp from beginning to end, in classic English fashion. Whereas where we’ve gotten to is so much more American. There’s tons of levity, but just as much emotion."

It is a shame the way Marvel and Edgar Wright had to part ways on this movie.

:(