• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,865 posts in this topic

In one of the last Heritage auctions, I went in heavy for this one. It doesn't fit my minimum grade of 9.4, but since I lost out on the 9.4 that Heritage offered earlier this year and prices are getting out of control on this issue, I made an exception.

akihs5.jpg

In one of the last Heritage auctions, I went in heavy for this one. It doesn't fit my minimum grade of 9.4, but since I lost out on the 9.4 that Heritage offered earlier this year and prices are getting out of control on this issue, I made an exception.

akihs5.jpg

Good call! Nice book! The late 300's early 400's Detective books are really surging. Especially with both Adams cover/art We should probably get them while we can still reasonably afford them. My cut off is 9.0, but in the case of Bat 222, I would go 8.0 or 8.5. I can't afford $800 for a 9.4 or 9.6. Sadly. And that's just Adams cover with the Beatles take!

akihs5.jpg

Good call! Nice book! The late 300's early 400's Detective books are really surging. Especially with both Adams cover/art We should probably get them while we can still reasonably afford them. My cut off is 9.0, but in the case of Bat 222, I would go 8.0 or 8.5. I can't afford $800 for a 9.4 or 9.6. Sadly. And that's just Adams cover with the Beatles take!

My cut off is a little lower. For this time period, I consider anything less than 8.5 to be a set filler in my collection. These early Tecs are indeed very tough to find in high grade so I'm generally happy if I find something close to my standards. A slabbed, high grade Tec 411 still eludes me.

akihs5.jpg

So jealous...

Grats!

It's been entrenched in my top 5 most wanted books for years, but I just can't find one

Edited by vikingreed

akihs5.jpg

So jealous...

Grats!

It's been entrenched in my top 5 most wanted books for years, but I just can't find one

I can find them I just can't pay for them!

Edited by Randall Ries

I finally completed my Wrightson Swamp Thing run last night with this:

st5_zpsmtkbswfp.jpg

and this:

st9_zpsxrxd6guy.jpg

That No. 5 was harder than I thought it would be to find. There aren't many high grade CGC examples available and the ones I could find have the 20¢ circle cut off which REALLY clashes with my OCD. There are tons of raw issues available and it doesn't seem like a lot of them made it to CGC although I haven't checked the census. Very happy to have both of these books.

Posted this exact book on my wantlist not too long ago hoping a boardie had this Western Penn copy. I stumbled upon it in the latest ComicConnect auction by accident. So I figured to steal it for nothing and no one else even notices this book.

Paid more than I expected (wanted) but I would've kicked myself if I missed out on it because I didnt want to go $20 or $30 over my budget. Not sure when it would have ever resurfaced again.

John Byrne goodness and Black Goliath becomes the new Giant-Man in this ish. Ultra HG doesn't hurt either.

MTIO55WP_zpskipo2bue.gif

Edited by akaSteveRogers

My favorite "current" run at the time I gave up comics in the early '80s. Finally got around to reacquiring all the books I had before I sold off my entire collection. Got a deal on DD #158-191, minus the silly Steve Ditko fill-in issue that no cares about. Pretty nice condition too.

155901.jpg.07e824cf6993c203792a5b331e3b6cf2.jpg

155902.jpg.a53b16da4bc2a61f08e2f4f7a498fa0c.jpg

My favorite "current" run at the time I gave up comics in the early '80s. Finally got around to reacquiring all the books I had before I sold off my entire collection. Got a deal on DD #158-191, minus the silly Steve Ditko fill-in issue that no cares about. Pretty nice condition too.

Nice collection of DD books. I especially like the mags you have as well.

Also, Awesome Collection of Bat-Books!