• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

There definitely seem to be an abundance of octopuses (or octopus like creatures) on old comic book covers. I say this jokingly, but I am semi-serious, there are probably more octopus covers out there than there are cow or goat covers. Now those covers are indeed rare. lol

Our Gang has added a lot of goat covers. I suspect a few are on Animal Comics and WDCS too.

17984672108_a827294ee2_b.jpg

(worship)

I never would have guessed that the title to check if you're looking for a bunch of goat covers is Our Gang Comics. (shrug)

Another day, another lesson learned. (thumbs u

There definitely seem to be an abundance of octopuses (or octopus like creatures) on old comic book covers. I say this jokingly, but I am semi-serious, there are probably more octopus covers out there than there are cow or goat covers. Now those covers are indeed rare. lol

Our Gang has added a lot of goat covers. I suspect a few are on Animal Comics and WDCS too.

17984672108_a827294ee2_b.jpg

(worship)

I never would have guessed that the title to check if you're looking for a bunch of goat covers is Our Gang Comics. (shrug)

Another day, another lesson learned. (thumbs u

Goats on the cover of Animal comics doesn's seem unusual.

17576046014_4b7e2ff502_c.jpg

But Our Gang had a BZ and Grandpa

Goat story...

18199842741_a834c25f5d_b.jpg

Goats on the cover of Animal comics doesn's seem unusual.

17576046014_4b7e2ff502_c.jpg

Dell seems to be the place to go if you collect issues that feature goats on the cover. lol

I love the comics Dell was publishing in the early 40's. New Funnies, Our Gang, and Animal Comics had plenty of terrific stories back then.

But Our Gang had a BZ and Grandpa

Goat story...

18199842741_a834c25f5d_b.jpg

It's been a long time since I've read Our Gang. I'm going to make a point of it this summer. :idea:

I've scanned the covers of a few more Thrilling Mystery.

I'm using a new (2nd hand) scanner and am having a few issues with it, so the colors may be a bit off. :P

February 1937

thrillingmystery193702.jpg

I'm using a new (2nd hand) scanner and am having a few issues with it, so the colors may be a bit off. :P

February 1937

That one reminds me of the Chamber of Chills cover. Don't remember the number off hand. Man, I gotta get me some more Thrilling Mystery pulps...

February 1937

Color looks pretty good. I have never been happy with my replacement scanner. It is multi-functional and takes up less room but I don't think the colors or the scans are as good as my digital camera photographs. hm

That one reminds me of the Chamber of Chills cover. Don't remember the number off hand. Man, I gotta get me some more Thrilling Mystery pulps...

They had some wild covers.

I like them a lot. :luhv:

I'm taking a break today from showing off my collection of Thrilling Mystery pulps and am going to share instead my run of Tales of Magic and Mystery, a short-lived series that was published in the 1920's.

December 1927

v1#1

TalesofMagicandMystery192712.jpg