• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Details Emerge Regarding Michelle MacLaren's Departure from WONDER WOMAN

"MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect."

Dude! It's spelled W-O-N-D-E-R Woman, not C-A-T Woman. :facepalm:

Kinda like Shazam and Tawky Tawny

I think he is 6' tall.

NO WAY... I read that too but his head is HUGE!!! I assumed also that he was comparable to Tom hardy because of that spy movie... And he's 5'9" - learn something every day I guess.

Like Tom Cruise, Hardy plays a lot of 'big' roles but he isn't overly tall. He just always looks that way on film.

I think he is 6' tall.

Date of Birth 26 August 1980, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name Christopher Whitelaw Pine

Nicknames Peenè

Pinewood

Piney

Height 6' (1.83 m)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1517976/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

There's a guy who runs a site that obsesses on celebrity heights who thinks he's over 6 feet:

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Chris-Pine-2627.html

Definitely looks around the same height as 6' 1" Zach Quinto in pictures, although you can never tell for sure from pictures due to shoe sole and posture differences.

Chris+Pine+Zachary+Quinto+66th+Annual+Golden+vV3ymwGO8nql.jpg

I just learned from this weeks' Fatman on Batman" with Kevin Smith that DC had fully cast the Justice League movie back in 2007 with Mad Max director George Miller directing. They had also cast Wonder Woman as 6' Australian model Megan Gale. I like her look better, but I know nothing about her attitude or acting. Godot is a definitely prettier in the face though.

She claims that George Miller liked her so much that he wrote her part into the new "Mad Max" screenplay just so she could be in it.

megan-gale.jpgPia_Miller_Isola_Swimwear_Megan_Gale_SS12_04.jpg

I just learned from this weeks' Fatman on Batman" with Kevin Smith that DC had fully cast the Justice League movie back in 2007 with Mad Max director George Miller directing. They had also cast Wonder Woman as 6' Australian model Megan Gale. I like her look better, but I know nothing about her attitude or acting. Godot is a definitely prettier in the face though.

She claims that George Miller liked her so much that he wrote her part into the new "Mad Max" screenplay just so she could be in it.

Photos of the main cast, including Megan Gale (Justice League: Mortal)

This is good news for WW fans . . .

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/batman-v-superman-merchandise-to-prominently-feature-wonder-woman

In a lengthy report over at Global License, Warner Bros. Consumer Products goes a long way to assure fans that Wonder Woman will not be excluded from "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" merchandise.

"Our comprehensive program will include Wonder Woman in the merchandise lines and in standalone products supporting the film," said Karen McTier, executive vice president, WBCP. "We have always had a robust line for Wonder Woman, and her role in this film and future films offers us more opportunities to feature her character and empowering attributes in many creative ways."

A number of promotional images of Wonder Woman have already surfaced, illustrated in the same style as various shots of Batman and Superman. The need to clarify and state Wonder Woman's firm place in the "BVS" merch line may come in response to the continual fan outcry surrounding the lack of licensed products featuring female characters from Marvel movies.

"This is the first time ever that fans will see Batman and Superman together in a theatrical event. And let's not forget the two new Batsuits, a new Batmobile, the Batwing, a new logo and Wonder Woman that all create really merchandisable elements for our partners," McTier said to Global License. "We have had phenomenal success with each character in their own world, but now we are able to supercharge the opportunity based on the most universally recognized Super Heroes."

Key licensees include Mattel, Rubie's Costume Co., LEGO, Bioworld and Hallmark. The article states that merchandise for "Batman V Superman" will begin to roll out eight weeks ahead of the film's release. "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" opens on March 25, 2016.

This is good news for WW fans . . .

:applause:

Totally agree! I had posted an excerpt a few days back of the full Warner merchandising news. I really liked that they gave Wonder Woman recognition, and want to go down the path of a role model for female fans.

As far as Wonder Woman always receiving her fair share of merchandise, that I disagree with. Other than at a LCS, it is rare you find more than one Wonder Woman product at a regular retailer, if anything at all. At least when it comes to action figures. There is a cool Fischer-Price set that includes her with Superman. But not much of anything else.

This is where DC beats Marvel.

Corrected lol

:acclaim:

Horse-poop!

DC has never come out with anything as creative as the Hulk hands and they never will!!!

Wonder Woman boobs would be popular.

Gal Gadot Talks WONDER WOMAN; Plus Check Out Her Stunning New Photoshoot

tumblr_nrcczlQfVA1qf2fu4o3_500.gif

tumblr_nrcczlQfVA1qf2fu4o2_500.gif

“I’m so excited about this role. I feel like I’ve been given a huge opportunity to inspire people, not only women. And not because of me but because of who Wonder Woman is and what she stands for,” Gadot added. “There’s a lot of responsibility. But I have the best team and the best people to work with. It’s going to be an amazing ride, knock on wood.”

CKg8x0zWwAQj1ri.jpg