• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Just got in a great new piece of original art. I've never heard of artist Paco Baidal before, but if this is any indication of the kind of work he can produce, I'm sure he'll be well-known in the hobby in a very short time. Check this out and tell me if you don't think so.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1228299

There's a group of "new" artists that I think are really hitting it out of the park - Dave Petersen on Mouse Guard, Katie Cook's Gronk, Jeremy Bastian's Cursed Pirate Girl, Ted Naifeh's Courney Crumrin and Pricess Ugg to name a few. All have been working for years, but aren't fully appreciated in my opinion.

A perfect example of a great book that gets too little attention is The Stuff of Legend by Mike Raicht and Brian Smith (writers) and Charles Paul Wilson, III (artist). It's the tale of a boy kidnapped by the Boogie Man whose faithful toys venture into The Dark realm to rescue him. The story is full of emotion and action. It's a great read - a terrific story, well told.

Seek it out, it's more than worth the effort to find and read.

This all leads to the obvious, I guess. I bought a piece of CPW3’s TSoL art - The cover to the FCBD 2015 issue. Check it out here (click to embiggen):

i7BGxHgJ_1805152027001.jpg

:applause:

Dan

The rest of the pages from the Nara resurrection sequence arrived today. You can read more about the pages in my The Blasphemy Throne art page on CAF. I still have to try to pry the other 2 pages that I am missing from bryan91 but I am at least happy to know where they are. :)

You ended up with some great pages. :)

It has been quite a while since I've added any art to my collection, but these two pages came my way and I liked them so much, I made the plunge

thor%20firelord%20page_zpsoqg11qha.jpg

Love that one!

At Comicpalooza​ 2015, I had some work added to my Easy Company jam. Thom Thomas Zahler​ (Little Sure Shot) and Joe Eisma​ (4Eyes) added ink and colors. Joe Rubinstein​ added color to Sgt. Rock and started Bulldozer when he discovered his plane left earlier than the thought. Ooops!

I think it's turning out quite nicely. Click to embiggin.

IkCJ9yB3_2805150037201.jpg