• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I'm glad the market is back and doing well. I have always enjoyed dealing with this market.

You're lucky to be finding quality books. Around here, I have to deflate about one guy a week on kijiji (craigslist) who thinks they can sell 2000 issues of drek for $5000.

I think everyone who finds something here will agree that most of the searches reveal/reward very little. These successes are one out every 10 etc. But when they do, they are pretty exciting and make you get up at 3am every weekend or drive that extra mile etc.

FYI - I started a journal about a recent collection of independent/weird/copper/modern collection I purchased.

Since some of the collection has a little more eclectic stuff I thought it would be better to have it's own journal thread as I post some of the more unusual stuff.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=379662&Number=8630394#Post8630394

I agree Hector. To many times I have gone to a yard sale that listed comic books to either be 10-20 drek books, or even worse, they sold them last night to somebody else.

My wofe thinks me crazy to get up early to drive a distance, but I am hoping she keeps looking at the rewards I can find, like the batch I got with the ASM 300. We drove to Packwood last Sat. She fought me on that one, but it yelded the Giant Size UXMN #1. If you aren't out there putting in the work you won't find anything.

When I lived in Illinois, a guy I worked with used to tell me "You could into a pile of chit and come out smelling like a bed of roses" when it came to some of the comics I came across in my dealings. And my answer to him every time was "No, I WORK at it." Constantly checking newspaper ads, auction ads, online auctions, eBay, flea markets, estate sales, garage sales....wherever I could find them. Many people just don't understand how time consuming this stuff is - especially when you're doing all of it yourself.

I'm glad the market is back and doing well. I have always enjoyed dealing with this market.

You're lucky to be finding quality books. Around here, I have to deflate about one guy a week on kijiji (craigslist) who thinks they can sell 2000 issues of drek for $5000.

I think everyone who finds something here will agree that most of the searches reveal/reward very little. These successes are one out every 10 etc. But when they do, they are pretty exciting and make you get up at 3am every weekend or drive that extra mile etc.

FYI - I started a journal about a recent collection of independent/weird/copper/modern collection I purchased.

Since some of the collection has a little more eclectic stuff I thought it would be better to have it's own journal thread as I post some of the more unusual stuff.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=379662&Number=8630394#Post8630394

I agree Hector. To many times I have gone to a yard sale that listed comic books to either be 10-20 drek books, or even worse, they sold them last night to somebody else.

My wofe thinks me crazy to get up early to drive a distance, but I am hoping she keeps looking at the rewards I can find, like the batch I got with the ASM 300. We drove to Packwood last Sat. She fought me on that one, but it yelded the Giant Size UXMN #1. If you aren't out there putting in the work you won't find anything.

When I lived in Illinois, a guy I worked with used to tell me "You could into a pile of chit and come out smelling like a bed of roses" when it came to some of the comics I came across in my dealings. And my answer to him every time was "No, I WORK at it." Constantly checking newspaper ads, auction ads, online auctions, eBay, flea markets, estate sales, garage sales....wherever I could find them. Many people just don't understand how time consuming this stuff is - especially when you're doing all of it yourself.

I agree.

Went to Wonderfest today, which is a large model kit convention. I couldn't assemble a model kit if you put a gun to my head, but I still like to look.

Anyway, I have occasionally scored some random comic deals here in years past. Not many comics to be found this year, but I did manage to snag these

ioekvp.jpg

At $40 ea, these were a steal. The Steve Rude Catwoman alone is worth more than I paid for all of these on total. Pretty stoked!

Today I went to two yard sales and found these comics. A few little keys but for what I paid - no complaining :grin: At least, I get to read great classic stories! Tom Cat was one of my first books in reading when I was a kid. This one in photo - I got that for 25 cents.

My%20New%20Comic%20Books%20-%202015%20008_zpsa1mxijre.jpg

My%20New%20Comic%20Books%20-%202015%20007_zpsyobds5dk.jpg

Looks like some good pickups to me :applause:

Edited by Azkaban

Today I went to two yard sales and found these comics. A few little keys but for what I paid - no complaining :grin: At least, I get to read great classic stories! Tom Cat was one of my first books in reading when I was a kid. This one in photo - I got that for 25 cents.

My%20New%20Comic%20Books%20-%202015%20008_zpsa1mxijre.jpg

My%20New%20Comic%20Books%20-%202015%20007_zpsyobds5dk.jpg

Great Books Grats :):applause:

Craig's List has finally been paying off again. These are my last 2 CL buys in the last three weeks.

Craigslisthaul_zpsgibcxrq3.jpg

The Hulk 1 a few weeks ago, and the rest today.

Just got home after some traveling.

The X-Men 101 is around 9.4 and the Iron Man is around VF-.

The NM 98 is around 9.4.

Edited by Rip

Craig's List has finally been paying off again. These are my last 2 CL buys in the last three weeks.

Craigslisthaul_zpsgibcxrq3.jpg

The Hulk 1 a few weeks ago, and the rest today.

Just got home after some traveling.

The X-Men 101 is around 9.4 and the Iron Man is around VF-.

The NM 98 is around 9.4.

nice will that hulk 1 be for sale?

Went to a new shop in the area and flipped through the dollar bins for a few hours. Nearly everything here was in there save for the Harley & Ivy ($10) and the treasuries ($18 and $12). I also filled half a shortbox with dollar bin books worth $5-8 each.

18508019245_0d3bc97011_o.jpg

17887310933_c993463613_o.jpg

Edited by Epic Peach