• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one's on the house!! Show your HOUSE ADS!!!
1 1

214 posts in this topic

Flipping through Adventure Comics #40 this weekend and enjoyed these two interior tidbits, and thought my fellow geeks might as well

BB81DBD0-A7EA-4D38-8FAE-4864077A3D9F_zpszw9u9ty5.jpg

"Due to the unprecedented demand for this souvenir book... we've decided to slash the price down to 15c to try to move the unsold heaps of them in our warehouse." lol

That's a fabulous ad... I've always loved the trivia that a copy of Superman #1 or #2 was 'thrown in' when a kid sent them 25 cents via mail for the NYWF book.

Oh, and just look at that PQ... :headbang:

Wow surprised there have been no postings here since mid October last year; doesn't anyone look at their books anymore? Oh, I forgot you can't, they are encased in plastic! Anyway, yesterday I pulled out my copy of All American 41 I honor of Irwin Hasen and while looking through it I shot the following house ads for this thread.

I thought at first that the All American group was only pushing their own books but the final ad had Batman and Superman prominently featured.

153784.jpg.45e0db50ac09f5764a64c6477e647546.jpg

153785.jpg.daa1040d6c582f0e8e2d4eb9434dfbd9.jpg

153786.jpg.d383453cbd004e9e06f8ab779317c127.jpg

I unexpectedly found myself with a few free hours this afternoon when the mom of a friend of my son's called while passing by, to see if he wanted to come over. After repairing a few of his toys, I sat down with some funnybooks I hadn't read and unexpectedly came across this house ad.

If you like Atlas pre-code horror, it doesn't get much cooler than this:

Menace%20House%20Ad%20UT11.jpg

I unexpectedly found myself with a few free hours this afternoon when the mom of a friend of my son's called while passing by, to see if he wanted to come over. After repairing a few of his toys, I sat down with some funnybooks I hadn't read and unexpectedly came across this house ad.

The white variant of Menace 5.

The white variant of Menace 5.

What issue is this from?

From the Super Mystery I posted over in the ACE thread...I like how it lists the Bolded heroes with their stories and a short explanation and page number almost like chapters of a book...Plus look at those sweet books!! It would only be cooler if they were in color like some of the others

18015601141_d9824ee206_b.jpg

If you mean the one on ebay, no, but I was watching that one. This one I bought on heritage a little over a week ago. This one is complete (unlike the one on ebay) but has that tear in the front cover and a massive spine split. The interior is nice though, except the CF is detached.