• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your San Francisco/Tom Reilly books
4 4

856 posts in this topic

I was doing research and came across your posts. Thomas A Reilly from Maryland is my grandfather.

Thanks for posting.

Were you aware of his comic book collection?

Wrong Reilly. Thomas A Reilly was lost at sea as a result of a kamikaze attack, but he doesn't have a California connection.

I would guess that unless the poster comes back with info about this Tom Reilly having a comic book collection, it's not the same person.

At least we are not like Barks' second litho, "An Embarrassment of Riches." The three of us total well over 100 years in this great hobby and have had a lot of fun along the way.

Richard, between the 2 of us we have 100 years in the hobby. Richie Evans is bringing up the rear with another 35-40. add the three of us together and we're the oldest man on the planet

I feel so young now, having only 31 years in the hobby. :banana:

buncha pikers. First comic book for me was summer of '65

i bought this at a drug store in fort walton beach, summer of '64. oldest o.O. book i still have.

mt1uc.jpg

really neat Billy

WOW That is awesome :)

My brother was ten years older and used to leave his comics all over the house. My mother told me that I taught myself to read from them during the late 1940's but I don't remember organizing and collecting them until the 1950's. My now departed dear friend,Ray Funk. was a true collector, specializing in Buck Rogers but loving it all. He was about 20 years older and could remember buying everything off of the stands as it came out in the 1930's. I can vividly remember buying Uncle Scrooge in "Only A Poor Old Man" off of the stands but he could remember buying Action #1!

WOW Great Story Your Both Awesome In My Book :)

Just seeing this thread. Here are some of mine:

M7BH8i.jpg

YgpjCs.jpg

2FsZe7.jpg

SwuNTr.jpg

TFpDrb.jpg

Mike, thanks for sharing your great Reilly books! l love your Adventure 82! I have the Church copy of Adventure 82 and its a CGC 9.2 with slight color touch. EJR

Yada, yada, yada. Doesn't this guy ever give it a rest??? He's had this book for ages...

"SCARCE

TOM REILLY

"SAN FRANCISCO" COPY

LOTS MORE !

CGC is wrong when they arrogantly deem to pontificate they know more about the Tom Reilly collection than this humble comics mercantiler, Robert Beerbohm, who fronted and compiled the comics history articles for the "origins" of the American comic book for some 15 years in Overstreet 1996-2012, the "bible" of comic book collectors for many decades. I am blessed to be the guy there at the time who bought from the estate holders, and then that year sold more than 7/9 of the fabled pedigree Tom Reilly comic book holdings, erroneously known as the "San Francisco" collection as these books were NEVER in San Francisco, when it surfaced in three sections back in April, May and June 1973. The "data" presented in Ernie Gerber's Photo Journal Guide as well as the "San Francisco" article in Between the Panels, a book published by Dark Horse, are also wrong."

Edited by Robot Man

Yada, yada, yada. Doesn't this guy ever give it a rest???

As more and more collectors become aware that he poisons every well he drinks from, it's becoming more and more of a pathetically persistent legend-in-his-own-mind situation.