• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Not a high grade copy but it will do as an undercopy.

The Scorpion is my favorite villain and the price was right so what the heck!

(if anyone has issue 20 in CGC 2.0 to 4.0 let me know)

14dzpjp.jpg

That's always been a favorite cover and book for me. Scorpion was criminally underused as a villain, he scored very few appearances for as cool as he was. #29 is also a favorite cover and a great second appearance. Then you don't see him again until #145-146 if my memory is correct. Way too few appearances.

14dzpjp.jpg

That's always been a favorite cover and book for me. Scorpion was criminally underused as a villain, he scored very few appearances for as cool as he was. #29 is also a favorite cover and a great second appearance. Then you don't see him again until #145-146 if my memory is correct. Way too few appearances.

He did appear in Cap 122 before ASM 145-146 - not sure if there are any other appearances - but he was/is a very underused villain.

14dzpjp.jpg

He did appear in Cap 122 before ASM 145-146 - not sure if there are any other appearances - but he was/is a very underused villain.

Yep, momentarily forgot about the Cap even though I owned a copy once upon a time. But even with the Cap we're talking about five appearances in ~12 years and very few since. I think the (inferior) new costume had more appearances during the Copper Age.

This beauty arrived earlier this week. I have been a big Kraven fan for a long time and this is the highest grade copy I have ever owned. Got a good deal too. Very happy to add this to the collection!

SBW0uhN.jpg

14dzpjp.jpg

Yep, momentarily forgot about the Cap even though I owned a copy once upon a time. But even with the Cap we're talking about five appearances in ~12 years and very few since. I think the (inferior) new costume had more appearances during the Copper Age.

+ 1 the new costume is ridiculous!

Some things are better left unchanged.

Edited by Jordysnordy

Picked this up in the CLink auction:

RAD12914201555_143859_zpsmupsewyh.jpg

My run is getting a little closer now :banana:

Very nice pick up! I saw that one, bid on the 5.5 copy of #13 and didn't win it. But I did upgrade by ASM #9 in the CLINK auction.

4pkOPre.jpg

I noticed that GPA shows a sale of ASM 50 CGC 9.0 for $3395 in December 2014. While 12-month average for 8 books is $1541...without that sale the average would be about $1300...

Anyone know if this sale is legit? Supposedly GPA vets the sale but even if it were the most perfect #50 with white pages that's a helluva premium to pay on speculation or even for private collection with average of 9.2 at $2200 and average of 9.4 at $4200-ish at the time of the sale... (shrug)

I noticed that GPA shows a sale of ASM 50 CGC 9.0 for $3395 in December 2014. While 12-month average for 8 books is $1541...without that sale the average would be about $1300...

Anyone know if this sale is legit? Supposedly GPA vets the sale but even if it were the most perfect #50 with white pages that's a helluva premium to pay on speculation or even for private collection with average of 9.2 at $2200 and average of 9.4 at $4200-ish at the time of the sale... (shrug)

It 'only' had OW/W pages. It was just graded last year and sold three times last year, with the first two sales more in line with the average. I don't think it was legit. It's obviously easy to fake a sale on Ebay these days. It's not GPA'a fault but many of these sales are not actually happening.

It 'only' had OW/W pages. It was just graded last year and sold three times last year, with the first two sales more in line with the average. I don't think it was legit. It's obviously easy to fake a sale on Ebay these days. It's not GPA'a fault but many of these sales are not actually happening.

THX Bob...I figure it to be bogus...