• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Looking through by bucket, I found a few more "Hooded Guy" examples.

pulpgreenlama3_zps5727b4d2.jpg

This one is soooo good. Is it by Brundage?

No, not Brundage. She didn't do any work for Red Star Pubs. My money is on Rudolph Belarski. There are no cover artist credits in the book but he is about the only one listed in the Bookery guide and it looks a lot like his stuff.

Rangers Comics #21. Maybe my favorite Rangers cover. Oh, look at the colors! I once had a better copy without the grease pencil scribble but it was a little faded so I "upgraded" to this one.

comrangers21a_zpsfokionum.jpg

Don't forget these two when contemplating the best Rangers cover.

IMG_20140826_0003_zps825fb35c.jpg

IMG_20130323_0003_zps2e8df95f.jpg

Good point. I have the #14 but the brown cover kinda turns me off. #3 is better. I've never owned a copy but it is one of the few Friction House books still on my want list. #26 is another top contender but so far I'm still sticking to #21. Maybe this copy's colors have me dazzled but I like it a lot.

Hi Gang. Yes, I will from try and keep my stuff mostly in this thread. I've got some cool ideas but just have to make the time to shoot photos and post it. "All in good time my pretties!"

Oh no matter what we all say, this really is "junk" to most "normal people". If you don't believe me, take one of your favorite comics into 7-11 and try and trade it for a 6 pack...

But us "abnormal" people with refined tastes know the real story.

I Know this is late but welcome to the boards :) and great collection :):applause:

Thanks Wicked and welcome to the boards yourself. Now start posting some pics!

TY Friend :)

Thank you! I think more attention is usually drawn by the axe wielder, that this goes as an under-appreciated 'babe' cover.

I always thought of it more as a Hooded Villain with an Axe-Babe-Bat-Clock Tower cover :grin: