• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a set of rat Queens for sale? Looking to get all the A covers for less than ebay prices if possible.

I've got a slabbed 9.8 run of #1 - #4 (A covers) that I'm going to be listing in my sales thread tomorrow, as well as some raws. Not sure what all raws I have just yet, but if you shoot me a PM tomorrow I'll look into it for you.

Rat Queens !!! Rat QUEENS !!! RAT QUEENS !!! :banana:

Yep, no temptation here. I'm curious about something now that CGC has called Marvel Now Point One the 1st full appearance of Ms. Marvel, what will this mean for Image Comics What's Next 1st full of the Rat Queens. It hasn't been reprinted anywhere so I'm thinking this will be a big boost to that book. What do you think about it ?

It's definitely their first appearance. I don't think most fans have caught on to this yet, or are even aware it exists. And if they do, I'm not sure how much they'll care.

But it's a pretty sweet book from where I'm sitting. I've picked up 2 copies so far and am on the lookout for more if I can get them cheap.

I'd also like to buy a set of the A covers for less than Ebay price....Why? So I can turn around and sell them on Ebay for ebay prices.

I was happy to get most of mine before the prices started sky rocketing. But Ebay pricing sort of IS the pricing now, as nowhere else has the early back issues (except 1A). You can still occasionally find 1A for under $15 as there appears to be a bit of over abundance of #1. But the rest of the A covers up to 6, you'll have to be lucky to find at that price.

I started collecting a second set (1st set as readers), and gave up on getting #2A at an affordable price (less than $15).

This series deserves its popularity. Once again, this is a great series. But the speculation market has only inflated the early issues painfully. And since I'm on the subject; honestly, I don't really have a lot of hopes for the cartoon version. Pukeko (the company producing the computer animation) has a style that is alien compared to the comic books. I really hope I'm wrong.

-Terry

17763197329_b3088df96c_z.jpg

I'd also like to buy a set of the A covers for less than Ebay price....Why? So I can turn around and sell them on Ebay for ebay prices.

I was happy to get most of mine before the prices started sky rocketing. But Ebay pricing sort of IS the pricing now, as nowhere else has the early back issues (except 1A). You can still occasionally find 1A for under $15 as there appears to be a bit of over abundance of #1. But the rest of the A covers up to 6, you'll have to be lucky to find at that price.

I started collecting a second set (1st set as readers), and gave up on getting #2A at an affordable price (less than $15).

This series deserves its popularity. Once again, this is a great series. But the speculation market has only inflated the early issues painfully. And since I'm on the subject; honestly, I don't really have a lot of hopes for the cartoon version. Pukeko (the company producing the computer animation) has a style that is alien compared to the comic books. I really hope I'm wrong.

-Terry

17763197329_b3088df96c_z.jpg

I believe that this book will always retain its cult following status and when the TV show airs it will indeed be a big hit, regardless of execution, even though I do want to see a kick adaptation to this series of course. Why? This is a classic "thousand fans theory" scenario. The RQ fans are hardcore fans and will support this title come hell and high water.

I really like this series and the characters, so I hate to say something negative about it. But I'm going to put this out there to provide some feedback.

The new art doesn't fit. It's drab. Looks like it was washed in something brown. I really liked how the Upchurch art was crisp and bright and cheerful. Also, the characters emotions are not coming across. The facial expressions really added something to the quirkiness of the comic and that is much more dull now.

The artist is talented, but I just think the fit is wrong.

After becoming a die hard Wiebe fan with Peter Panzerfaust, I signed up for a Universal 9.8 of #1A and #1B upon release and paid about $120 for the set.

Popularity was on the rise and when I saw what they were going for, I ended up letting the set go for double my money.

I just won a Staples double SS 9.8 for $112 :banana:

It's got Wiebe and Roc... wish it was Wiebe and Staples!

Edited by TXReplicant

Kurtis, the book has consistently been one of my favorites (hell we pitched Glitch as some thing for lovers of Rat Queens, Skull Kickers and Battle Chasers with a unique twist based on modern gaming culture and technology), and I will ride or die with the Queens till the bitter end.

From the looks of it Stjepan is bringing some serious funk to the title, in the best way possible. Will miss Roc's art, but I'm more than confident in Stjepan's abilities to do the book justice and then some.