• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Giddy to have this Allentown, thanks to a boardie!

IMG_2945_zpsagm0nsgk.jpg

Also managed to get a very attractive copy of this issue. Tuska cover with an amazing color palette.

IMG_2948_zpsqz15n1wm.jpg

I'm a little jealous.

when it occurred to me to assemble a g.a. ped type-set, the first book bought specifically for said goal was this'un.

mysterymen11.jpg

This is one of the two Allentown books I've been able to put in the boxes. It's the only one I've got a scan of & the only Fox Allentown in my collection. Looks good next to your Allentown Mystery Men Billy Boy (thumbs u

mysterymen16allentown_zps24d47fd2.jpg

not close; a couple boardies have hoards of church and larson fox books. but i'm happy to have my modest cache.

I know but your humble collection is still something to applaud...If it was a rockshow brother you could still be the headliner :headbang:

when it occurred to me to assemble a g.a. ped type-set, the first book bought specifically for said goal was this'un.

mysterymen11.jpg

This is one of the two Allentown books I've been able to put in the boxes. It's the only one I've got a scan of & the only Fox Allentown in my collection. Looks good next to your Allentown Mystery Men Billy Boy (thumbs u

mysterymen16allentown_zps24d47fd2.jpg

He Shoots........HE SCORES!!!!! :applause:

mysterymen11.jpg

That is one beautiful funny book. :applause:

For you Fox aficionados, some super tough, super high grade ones coming up in the HA May auctions:

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

Should be quite interesting to see the final prices. Very scarce late '41/early '42 books, but do the high rollers that would chase a Weird #20 or a Wonderworld #7 find them too esoteric to go big on? Guess we'll find out.

Forgot about these V Comics that finished on Heritage the other week. I just went back and looked... some strong prices. V Comics #2 CGC 8.0 went for $5,019!