• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Is coke zero the beverage of choice for most comic book collectors

All the flavor of Coke with none of the pesky calories our sedentary lifestyles would struggle to burn off.

Only if you're born without taste buds or really like the taste of Monkey urine.

Don't ask...

I dont think I would feel comfortable dealing with someone with a shill account unless I knew why they had it or what they are trying to hide.

Exactly. Creating a shill account is against board policy and suspicious. What are they hiding or avoiding?

I confess to creating a shill account (I confessed to Arch way back when). His name was SkewerOnAStick. It was for a comic book forum invasion of the "Coinee" forum.

Here is a taste. I confess to being a bit inebriated during some of those posts. :blush:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=968

I'm more concerned with the redundancy of the name SkewerOnAStick. :)

It's a wonderful infinity paradox, an embarrassment of tautological riches.

Do you know why tautologies are the best arguments?

Because they're the best arguments. :)

Tautologies say they're true, so they must be true..

So I'm in need of some advice due to the fact i have no idea what to do. I have been working out a deal with a fellow board to buy what will turn out to be a lot of batman. I had something arranged with him to give him money in like a week and he would send me said books. so last thursday i sent the money $142 which really isn't a lot and i know he's not ripping me off because i recently purchased 2 flash books from him for a total of $350. its been almost a week now and I've heard nothing from him and from the look of his posts he was always on here. Im seriously just concerned at this point. should i just wait this out or try and get my money back? or if anyone knows warren oats personally and could give me a sitrep that would be my preference.

thanks for your help and advice in advance

jason

So I'm in need of some advice due to the fact i have no idea what to do. I have been working out a deal with a fellow board to buy what will turn out to be a lot of batman. I had something arranged with him to give him money in like a week and he would send me said books. so last thursday i sent the money $142 which really isn't a lot and i know he's not ripping me off because i recently purchased 2 flash books from him for a total of $350. its been almost a week now and I've heard nothing from him and from the look of his posts he was always on here. Im seriously just concerned at this point. should i just wait this out or try and get my money back? or if anyone knows warren oats personally and could give me a sitrep that would be my preference.

jason

sooo.... Its been been two full business days (with a long weekend in the mix) and the guy hasn't shipped yet. Have you filed a police report yet?

jason

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Some sellers on the board have the Mrs. Buttersworth syndrome- they do things in their own sweet time. If the items were sent by media mail give it another week before getting up in arms. As for the non-communication thing, its a pet peeve of mine but I wouldn't take it to heart as if the seller was trying to get over on you. It just may be that he hasn't got everything packed up yet and doesn't want to be taken to task about it.

I had a similar situation to yours and I made a big stink about it and kind of got black balled because of my rant. My 2 cents would be to let things play out. The board is a great place to do business but misunderstandings do take place.

doh!

I stopped reading. :D

Before or after signing up for the boards?