• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So you want to set up at a comic book convention....
2 2

298 posts in this topic

I think you would give better insight into a 80's metal fashion show setup.

:blush:

Bob saw my Costume party digs on Saturday night.

RNL.jpg

jeez, you're right, "aesthetically challenged" lead singer of metal band with hot babe, very typical 80s

Forgive my fashion innocence, Roy what are those strappy leather things on your jeans? Are they chaps, or some kind of western motif product holder or pants reinforcement?

Forgive my fashion innocence, Roy what are those strappy leather things on your jeans? Are they chaps, or some kind of western motif product holder or pants reinforcement?

lol

They're not straps. They're kind of like motocross pants with knee pads built in. :headbang:

Looks like I will be going to a small local comic con as a co-dealer in partner with my friend in July. Waiting for the coordinator (of the local con) to email me new update and put in request to rent a table. As we will be sharing the cost - I told him we should go for wall table which is $10 more.

Been some years since I last did a show by selling my comics. That is why my friend come to me for help because I had experience. This is his first ever in trying to sell his comics. He got about 4-5 long boxes of derks and few goodies. I told him to start get his boxes filed to nice alphabetical order. They will go under the table (cheap deals) ... mid-level good books with small keys on table. Bigger keys/high grades on wall, of course.

Which come to mind, Anyone local in Vancouver have a wall stand that I can borrow for one show? Thanks (thumbs u

Why do the guys who do the least amount of shows write how to set up at comic conventions?

Maybe because the guys who do a lot of shows are too busy working.

I did 12 cons last year (most ever for me but I know not a lot by some standards) and decided it was too much on my family (I would love to do more, but have others to think about )....I cut it in half this year to 6....not because of the work (I strangely enjoy it) but because it was better for my family (thumbs u

Why do the guys who do the least amount of shows write how to set up at comic conventions?

I did 12 cons last year (most ever for me but I know not a lot by some standards) and decided it was too much on my family (I would love to do more, but have others to think about )....I cut it in half this year to 6....not because of the work (I strangely enjoy it) but because it was better for my family (thumbs u

Which six?

Which six?

...the first 6 are "firm"...the last, NYCC, is 50/50

mega con

heroes

sdcc

tampa con

WW Chicago

Baltimore

NYCC

Very cool thread, though it does remind me why I haven't set up at many cons the past few years: So much work! LOL! Most of the cons I have been able to set up at haven't been worth the effort. I have attended many major conventions over the years, but I've only really set up at smaller-mid level conventions.

Fantastic thread. Is there a thread showing peoples booth set ups? I've been buying some collections over the past 6 months in anticipation of selling at a local small (like $50 for a table small) convention in my city this summer.

I'm also planning on having a comic-book garage sale this summer as well. A friend who lives within eyesight of one of the busiest roads in my city has offered to let me have it there. Any advice you guys might have for that is also appreciated.