• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

No need to place them yes he took it via pm, I think so I don't embarrass him/her I will not place the message as he/she remembered about the avengers after I sent chez the new pm about being nominutated for the probation list, payment just now received so I withdraw this nomination, sucks I had to wait 30 days and it took a nomination to the list to get paid, I'll make sure I update my next sales thread so payment time is clear

He "just remembered?" Sure he did. Glad everything worked out though.

For the first time ever, it pains me to have to say I'm considering submitting a board member's name for consideration on the probation list. This is an account of the transaction that seems to have went sour:

A fellow board member inquired about some books I had for sale on ebay. We made a few deals, became friends and starting corresponding. I agreed to accept partial cash / trade deal for 2 CGC books he wanted from me.

I agreed to take 2 books he had (1 CGC, 1 raw) in trade, plus $900.00 for the 2 CGC graded books that the buyer wanted from me.

April 22: the date of the agreement.

April 23: buyer confirms deal via email, describing in detail the books he's sending.

April 28: buyer receives books I sent, I received books I was supposed to as well, but I notice there's no check for the balance. I email to ask about missing check.

Buyer immediately calls me back by phone and says the check was taped inside the shipping carton - which I discarded but fortunately was not yet lost.

I look in the box and the check wasn't there. So I immediately emailed him back:

"(name), I checked again to see if the check might be taped to the stiffeners you packed in the box and of course the box itself and no sign of the check. Maybe (a carton he sent to) ComicLink's has it and they'll find it and call you - have them forward it to me. Bob"

No response after this communication - several phone calls and messages left, texts.

May 8th I email buyer:

"(name), for some reason I still have not received the check.

If you haven't mailed it, paypal personal would be fine.

I'd appreciate it if we resolved this soon."

No response.

I reached him by phone on May 13th and again May 17th and asked about the check.

No response.

I call him on May 19th and leave a voice message reminding him.

No response.

I email him on May 22nd, buyer again calls me back and suggests sending it via paypal personal so I have it fast.

He never sends the money.

Email on May 26th:

"(name), reminding you were going to send me the $XXX you owe me via paypal friends & family. Can you do this today please?

Bob"

No Response.

Texted him on May 28th:

No response.

June 1st email:

No response.

Calls, emails and text messages left.

Texted buyer today, June 3rd, that I would escalate this to a probation discussion:

No Response.

That's where we left off.

What would you do?

Oh and the books he got from me are already on in his CGC registry set :mad:

:sorry:

Make sure you contact Gemma re: the fact that you still own the books in his registry set and they should be removed from the set.

I've notified the board member of this discussion and gave him 3 days to resolve this or I am posting his name and I will also pursue other avenues of relief.

I would out him,and put him on the list too. What a piece of work,leading you to believe the check was in the box. We don't need people like that here.

+1

He wanted an inch and you gave him a mile. You went through a lot more than I would have. Out him so he can go on the Probation List where the d-bag belongs. :sumo:

BTW, Gemma's back with CGC?

Make sure you contact Gemma re: the fact that you still own the books in his registry set and they should be removed from the set.

I've notified the board member of this discussion and gave him 3 days to resolve this or I am posting his name and I will also pursue other avenues of relief.

Good luck Bob, hope it's resolved quickly. :wishluck:

I would out him,and put him on the list too. What a piece of work,leading you to believe the check was in the box. We don't need people like that here.

+1

He wanted an inch and you gave him a mile. You went through a lot more than I would have. Out him so he can go on the Probation List where the d-bag belongs. :sumo:

BTW, Gemma's back with CGC?

I'm holding out for the slim possibility that there was some kind of event or situation that caused him not to complete the deal, but I only have so much patience and there comes a time to hold them or fold them. 3 days and it's OVA :sumo:

Ditto that and thank you Jon :foryou:

I can't believe he said the check was taped to the box. :facepalm: What a piece of...well you know, this guy is. That is such a lame excuse. Who would tape a check to the inside of a box without any indication it was in there and not packaged with the comics? No one, because it never happened. If that really happened he would have simply cancelled the check and sent it via Paypal. People that drag on with excuses like that disgust me.

I just meant that Registry set judging begins in 1 Day, 18 Hours - don't let him get the benefit of the cert numbers and points in his set if HS been screwing around with payment for the books.

And if he's big in the Registry, that might make him some motivation to pay you.

There is nothing more important than having a cool Registry set. Even if it's stolen.

doh!

Wow.

I'd have outed him weeks ago.

There is nothing more important than having a cool Registry set. Even if it's stolen.

doh!

Wow.

Do registry points mean that much to people? :eek:

I feel just sad over that.... :sorry:

doh!

Wow.

I feel just sad over that.... :sorry:

My name is Junk and I was a registry junkie. :facepalm:

Apparently.

But more importantly, people think nothing of putting up stolen books in their registry sets and claiming to own them. This isn't the first time it's happened.

It's like video taping yourself performing a crime and putting it on Facebook or YouTube to show off.

Just brilliant. :insane:

Ditto that and thank you Jon :foryou:

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you've been more than patient.

You mention many calls, texts and emails. Did he ever actually respond to anything once the deal went south?