• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

I dont think I would feel comfortable dealing with someone with a shill account unless I knew why they had it or what they are trying to hide.

Exactly. Creating a shill account is against board policy and suspicious. What are they hiding or avoiding?

Very good question. hm

he answered me

he said he did it to post a mean picture to someone. :shrug:

Honestly, that answer would not make me feel any more comfortable dealing with him. If you feel ok with him based on pms, I wouldn't blame you for completing the transaction. On the same token, if you didn't feel comfortable I believe that is more than enough reason to not feel as if you have to complete it as well.

well I completed based on Crassus and Jaybuck said earlier and I believe I would be obligated as

A) he's not on the HOS or PL

B) not on my personal list

:shrug:

Well then carry on. :eyeroll:

well I completed based on Crassus and Jaybuck said earlier and I believe I would be obligated as

That's understandable since I know you do your best to do the right thing. I would like to think that had you decided the other way, that you would have had support for that decision as well. It was a somewhat unique situation for sure.

That's understandable since I know you do your best to do the right thing. I would like to think that had you decided the other way, that you would have had support for that decision as well. It was a somewhat unique situation for sure.

He would have had support either way.

I dont think I would feel comfortable dealing with someone with a shill account unless I knew why they had it or what they are trying to hide.

Exactly. Creating a shill account is against board policy and suspicious. What are they hiding or avoiding?

I confess to creating a shill account (I confessed to Arch way back when). His name was SkewerOnAStick. It was for a comic book forum invasion of the "Coinee" forum.

Here is a taste. I confess to being a bit inebriated during some of those posts. :blush:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=968

I confess to creating a shill account (I confessed to Arch way back when). His name was SkewerOnAStick. It was for a comic book forum invasion of the "Coinee" forum.

Here is a taste. I confess to being a bit inebriated during some of those posts. :blush:

I'm more concerned with the redundancy of the name SkewerOnAStick. :)

It's a wonderful infinity paradox, an embarrassment of tautological riches.

hm

Edited by thehumantorch

Do you know why tautologies are the best arguments?

Because they're the best arguments. :)

Why, that's exactly what I was thinking as I was coming up with a name. I remember saying to myself "Pov, this name must be both an infinity paradox AND an embarrassment of tautological riches." Well spotted! (thumbs u

Bro. :cloud9:

And I pulled this baby out of a case today.....you can't escape it!!

lzahq.jpg

Is coke zero the beverage of choice for most comic book collectors

All the flavor of Coke with none of the pesky calories our sedentary lifestyles would struggle to burn off.