• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

jhughes7312012 - hasn't paid.

In all of my BIN listings it clearly states in a single line: "Payment expected upon purchase, will ship within two business days of receiving Paypal payment."

5/19 buyer makes offer on a BIN/OBO

5/19 I accept offer, Ebay sends automatic notice.

5/21 I send my own invoice reminding him to pay.

5/22 I send him a reminder email.

5/22 buyer responds in entirety "I'll send tonight"

5/24 Still never paid - I open Unpaid Item claim on ebay.

Q1: Do you guys use Ebay's "Unpaid Item Assistant" to automatically open/close unpaid claims?

Well, it's not an excuse, but it is a holiday weekend. If it were me, it would depend on how long the book had been sitting there and how good his offer looked to me.

But, then, I haven't sold on eBay in donkey years. :D

jhughes7312012 - hasn't paid.

In all of my BIN listings it clearly states in a single line: "Payment expected upon purchase, will ship within two business days of receiving Paypal payment."

5/19 buyer makes offer on a BIN/OBO

5/19 I accept offer, Ebay sends automatic notice.

5/21 I send my own invoice reminding him to pay.

5/22 I send him a reminder email.

5/22 buyer responds in entirety "I'll send tonight"

5/24 Still never paid - I open Unpaid Item claim on ebay.

Q1: Do you guys use Ebay's "Unpaid Item Assistant" to automatically open/close unpaid claims?

Well, it's not an excuse, but it is a holiday weekend. If it were me, it would depend on how long the book had been sitting there and how good his offer looked to me.

But, then, I haven't sold on eBay in donkey years. :D

Holiday weekend isn't an excuse. Believe me, if a real WD #1 popped up with a BIN of $100, all of these deadbeats would hop on it in a second and pay immediately.

rzipp65 decided he wanted to buy one of my items and not pay. I opened a non paying bidder case and heard nothing from the buyer until one hour before the case closes. rzipp65 sends me a message that states he will pay eventually but needs more time. My cases I have set to automatically close so I send him this message and here's his response..

ylnsyLpl.jpg

I blocked him and feel like it was justified especially considering there was zero communication until the last minute. I'm usually willing to work with buyers on payment but lately I've had a ton MIA.

Buyer did eventually pay after I opened an unpaid-claim.

I don't appreciate low-$ OBO sales being dragged on for almost a week - it was just three fargging dollars.

So I'm going to block him and eliminate a potential return-customer but oh well.

I suggest blocking eBayer: soccer_as

He ought an expensive comic from me and began a charge back on his credit card through payapl today. He already received the item (as detailed in tracking) and left positive feedback. Now he wants someone else to pay for the item.

I am never dealing with someone like that again.

He ought an expensive comic from me and began a charge back on his credit card through payapl today. He already received the item (as detailed in tracking) and left positive feedback. Now he wants someone else to pay for the item.

Wow, that is a true scumbag move... blocked :sumo:

What happens in a scenario like this? With detailed tracking information and positive feedback received, ebay would likely side with you on something like this. However, during a chargeback, does the credit card company review any data like that and take it into consideration? Is the money ripped from your account at all? What happens?

What happens in a scenario like this? With detailed tracking information and positive feedback received, ebay would likely side with you on something like this. However, during a chargeback, does the credit card company review any data like that and take it into consideration? Is the money ripped from your account at all? What happens?

The funds from the transaction is usually put on hold by PayPal till the situation is resolved

I am of the mindset here and on eBay that if someone doesn't pay I am not reminding them. I simply list the item and move on and do not force the issue.

Mind you I will not deal with them again with rare exception but I simply move on. More problems seem to caused especially around here in forcing the issue.

So do you just cancel the sale and relist the item?

FB I file a claim but I do not remind the guy - if he hasn't paid in ten days he didn't want it anyway.

Here - after thirty days the book goes back up for sale. I invoiced you, you responded and said great. If you didn't want to pay in 30 days then you don't want the book. After that I relist and unless the boardie has a good reason I won't do business from a selling perspective again. It's not a deal breaker as far as talking to them again on line or engaging in fun conversation... It just means that they cannot pay or are a slight bit irresponsible in making payments - I would have to hold them to tighter restrictions moving forward in order to do business with them again. For example they might be required to pay within three days or it is made available...

The public drama is a bit much sometimes.

Damn, you're tough! I'm glad I always pay you quickly lol

recently sold a hard cover book on half.com (eBay's red headed step child)-- got the order all put together and even created the shipping label. WISH I had checked out the buyer first instead as I can almost expect to see some sort of negative from this serial negative feedback giver.

their ID is mina216

I have never seen so much negative feedback out of a single person before that is still allowed to buy on eBay. I don't know that this person buys many comic books but better safe than sorry as this person seems to be constantly complaining that no one responded to emails, or that the book wasn't sent or that the book was not the right one or that it was not the hardcover or etc -- you get the idea. Almost kind of interesting to read through their 49 pages of feedback given to see some of the complaints.

quick link to their feedback given area

here's hoping I am not added to the pile of negatives.

recently sold a hard cover book on half.com (eBay's red headed step child)-- got the order all put together and even created the shipping label. WISH I had checked out the buyer first instead as I can almost expect to see some sort of negative from this serial negative feedback giver.

their ID is mina216

I have never seen so much negative feedback out of a single person before that is still allowed to buy on eBay. I don't know that this person buys many comic books but better safe than sorry as this person seems to be constantly complaining that no one responded to emails, or that the book wasn't sent or that the book was not the right one or that it was not the hardcover or etc -- you get the idea. Almost kind of interesting to read through their 49 pages of feedback given to see some of the complaints.

Looks like 2010dougheidibooks was like you wish had done, since he says in response that he cancelled the sale right after it was made.

Dude is either the unluckiest person on the planet when it comes to online purchases, or quite the thief.

their ID is mina216

Looks like 2010dougheidibooks was like you wish had done, since he says in response that he cancelled the sale right after it was made.

Dude is either the unluckiest person on the planet when it comes to online purchases, or quite the thief.

In reviewing their feedback, the negatives left for sellers seems to come in cycles/waves. It seems like he buys a bunch of books and receives all of them then he decides to act like most were never received so he can use all of the refunds to buy even more books. Of course all of the second wave of books ARE received. Sounds like he's using the system to his advantage and ends up basically paying half price for all of his purchases. I'm equally surprised he hasn't been booted yet.

rzipp65 decided he wanted to buy one of my items and not pay. I opened a non paying bidder case and heard nothing from the buyer until one hour before the case closes. rzipp65 sends me a message that states he will pay eventually but needs more time. My cases I have set to automatically close so I send him this message and here's his response..

ylnsyLpl.jpg

I blocked him and feel like it was justified especially considering there was zero communication until the last minute. I'm usually willing to work with buyers on payment but lately I've had a ton MIA.

Just had a non-payment issue with him too and now blocked.

He was on the boards as clobberintime.

Flake.

ylnsyLpl.jpg

Just had a non-payment issue with him too and now blocked.

He was on the boards as clobberintime.

Flake.

I'd report his sorry butt to eBay too. His response was totally uncalled for.