• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

All the Zip war covers are tough. I've tried to figure out if any one stands out as tougher than the others & all I can really say is that 21 & 27 are a bit easier to find than the rest.

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

Jeeze Buttock, that's cool! Would love to see the whole covers on those Zips. On second thought, please don't. It would only make my head swim and I would probably pass out...

At one point #34 was considered very hard to find.

If you go by the CGC census, the toughest of the first 35 issues (which seems to be the run of issues in highest demand) are 17, 19, 32 and 33. There are 3 or less of each in the census.

When you're looking at so few copies slabbed for the title in general, I don't know that much can be gleaned from whether there are 7 or 3 copies graded of a particular issue, as either is just a fraction of extant copies. Clearly none of these come up enough for demand, and the majority remain raw in collections.

All the Zip war covers are tough. I've tried to figure out if any one stands out as tougher than the others & all I can really say is that 21 & 27 are a bit easier to find than the rest.

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

Amazing! Simply amazing. :golfclap:

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

What a sweet set! :applause:

It's got plenty of zip but you use a little more pep. (:

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

Amazing! Simply amazing. :golfclap:

Simply amazing is right - if any books tempt me like Centaurs, it's those Zips!

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

Wonderful group shot, Dan! You've got all the toughest issues, and that's quite an achievement. Congrats! :applause:

I have a bit of experience with the Zip run.I'd agree that all the war covers are tough,with the exception of 31.It's easily the most common of the later Zips. As far as most difficult, I believe that 26 & 34 are the toughest to track down. I rarely see 22,but I don't think it's rare,it's just too damn cool and no one wants to sell!

Well, this weekend's HA auctions were a bust for me, and today's CC auction looks like it's going the same way... but I refuse to let that get me down.

Big thanks to Dale for working with me on this restored beauty. Always pleased to fill a hole and commit another one of the earliest Archie appearances to my collection.

807538414_o_zps4byc3vvc.jpg

Big thanks to Dale for working with me on this restored beauty. Always pleased to fill a hole and commit another one of the earliest Archie appearances to my collection.

Restored or not, that's a cool book.

That's a cool way to advertise a new character. (thumbs u

Cool book! I have never had too many Top Notch issues but I like that one. I never knew Archie was in Top Notch.

Thanks Bob. It's not an Archie story, just an ad for Jackpot 4 which went on sale the same month.

807538560_o_zpsvp9cbyqx.jpg

Well, this weekend's HA auctions were a bust for me, and today's CC auction looks like it's going the same way... but I refuse to let that get me down.

Love it. One of the two I believe 'green banner' issues. I'm hoping for a success story (or two with CC this week :wishluck:

shieldwizard13.jpg

I've got the "Mile Low" copy.

comshieldwizard13_zpslxwdp2l2.jpg

And, I have the one in the middle lol

DSCN2816_zpsba7af9ba.jpg

All of the bases are covered!