• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

Last I saw it made it over $11k, didn't see when the hammer dropped though.

I couldn't recall exactly what year I bought my 9.2 ow/w DD #1 from Doug. I thought it was in late 08 or early 09. So I just went to my Purchase History page and found out I was wrong, I bought it in late 2007 for a flat $10k.

It was pricier than the going rate at the time for 9.2 #1s, but prior to that it was only ow 9.2s coming up for sale and I wouldn't obviously waiver on my collecting focus of ow/w or better OCD/Perfectionism quirk:)

So within I think within 15 minutes from when he listed it, like 1:00amish I happened to be on his site and WHAMMO, there she was!! I couldn't submit a bid fast enough!!

Shortly after a couple more bids, it turned out Doug was even more awake than me with Eastern vs CST. Because I received an email from him. We proceeded to haggle via email for a spell back and forth while both listening to the Dead and saying the shown we were each listening to was better than the others!

We agreed on a price shortly there after and I was the happiest and most geeked I had ever been with buying a slabbed book. It being my true "grail" at the time and it was the first funny book I ever bought with two numbers in front of the comma.

The next morning I told my Wife my BIG news. She knew how much this book meant to me and was laughing at my total geekedness and asking to see the scan of my coveted funny book and than subtly stated, "So I get to buy a piece of jewelry for that amount - right?" She was joking and just wanted to make my permagrin subside. (I did end up feeling guilty when we were on a trip shortly after in Europe and she got her version of a 9.2 DD #1) She was so happy for me and relieved my "Grail" was finally purchased.

.....little did she know there is always another ever changing Grail in the midst:)

Wow - maybe I should have made my first journal entry instead of making whatever bored poor sap read that breezy trying to fall asleep in bed post! I don't even want to reread it to proofread my fat thumb, my iPhone and than the ever entertaining handiwork of auto-correction:)

Sorry people!

It is all Jeff's fault!!

( :foryou: )