• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Got this a couple months ago

xbigcn.jpg

Ha... there was a set a number of years ago that contained the bricks and instructions to make a basic Lego man. I was thinking of picking up the instructions to get the framework right for the dimensions and then turn it into a Superman or something. That is awesome.

I got this yesterday. Only the Lego employees here in the States that work in retail got them. So my friend traded me his. Since the Lego employees in the States don't wear black pants like they do internationally, they also wear aprons here in the States. Which if you have ever been in a store, you most like already know.

16173903173_363fc13bf1.jpg

lego employee by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

If you are interested...

I wrote about my first set in the journal section...

Doing so with my left hand was almost as challenging as locating the box from that first set.

Lego #110

So. "Someone" got "offended" and the piece had to be taken down?

I hope that person never watches The History Channel.

:facepalm:

-slym

I think it might be more than that since it looks like there are non-Lego parts used in the display piece. The helmets and weapons look like brick-arms stuff

I had to take part of this down at the Lego store because someone thought it was to violent. A little WW II set up, Capt America is in the display.

16968938958_649cb10b84.jpg

ww2 pict 3 by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

16969169750_f0cb7e1b50.jpg

ww2 pic 2 by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

17130757846_9610f7c4da.jpg

ww2 planes by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

Cool stuff. Sorry that they had you take it down.

I bet if you did the same exact scenes with Star Wars stuff nobody would have complained about being offended.

Those pc`ers get offended at everything.

Sad,but true.

The Speed Champions Sets are quite well done. I picked up the Porsche 918 Spyder and the 458 Italia GT2 Ferrari.

I also got this in the mail today. It combined my love of the plastic brick along with a band I am fond of...

528356F5-E08E-4D41-9AFD-3B579436C9C5.jpg

Presenting the 2015 DC SDCC Exclusive...

Be ready for this as it will fetch a pretty penny on the aftermarket. This is a pretty easy build though to capture on your own and can actually be constructed better with some thought unlike last year's Chibi 66' Batmobile.

LEGO-Superman-SDCC-500x500.jpg

New Batmobile coming at ya...

As revealed by the Wall Street Journal.

BN-JD616_batmob_G_20150629135824.jpg

From the Arkham Knight game?

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice...