• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I wanted to go out yesterday, but couldn't make it out until today. I stopped by 5 yard sales today, no comic books at any of those stops.

One of the yard sales advertised in my area on craigslist had comics, but it was only scheduled for Saturday (the reason I wanted to go out yesterday :cry: ).

I emailed the OP of the ad to see if the comics were still available, they hadn't sold :o .

20 minutes and $10 later I picked up 26 books, here's all the bronze mid to high grade stuff:

image_zpsujyrxfue.jpg

I finally get to share some stuff I found with you guys! All found at a local flea market, I like to consider them rescue projects.

photo%205_zps0szncuix.jpg

1_zps70xkevty.jpg

photo%207_zpsmnt8lubo.jpg

This is the JC Penney reprint in really nice shape. I'm thinking it's VF.

Then my two favorite absolute rescues:

photo%203_zpsvxnuvu22.jpg

Captain Aero #13 from 1944. It's absolutely beat. Cover detached and spine completely split, but it's all there and it's awesome!

photo201_zpspvhxmtxu.jpg

And then a coverless, beat copy of Captain Aero #21

Love those MA flea markets. Those Capt. Aeros are SWEET in any shape!

Find someone with a a Pez price guide. Mine is buried in a box 9 hours from me otherwise I would get you all the info.... :sorry:

Great find!

Edit: And the cardboard piece?! :o

My Pez book lists the Creature for $300-$375. I believe that is an "old school" book price. I believe $175-$200 is more like it. Add 30% more for the cardboard base. (or sell it seperately). I haven't looked on Flea Bay so I might be way off. I'm sure some have sold. That will give you current "market" price. He is the one everybody wants. Either way, great find!

I wanted to go out yesterday, but couldn't make it out until today. I stopped by 5 yard sales today, no comic books at any of those stops.

One of the yard sales advertised in my area on craigslist had comics, but it was only scheduled for Saturday (the reason I wanted to go out yesterday :cry: ).

I emailed the OP of the ad to see if the comics were still available, they hadn't sold :o .

20 minutes and $10 later I picked up 26 books, here's all the bronze mid to high grade stuff:

image_zpsujyrxfue.jpg

Here, I'm going to make your day. The Marvel Double Feature 15 is a 30 cent variant. Better score than you thought. (thumbs u

image_zpsujyrxfue.jpg

Here, I'm going to make your day. The Marvel Double Feature 15 is a 30 cent variant. Better score than you thought. (thumbs u

I caught that while rescuing re-bagging the books. (thumbs u Thanks Donut!

Find someone with a a Pez price guide. Mine is buried in a box 9 hours from me otherwise I would get you all the info.... :sorry:

Great find!

My Pez book lists the Creature for $300-$375. I believe that is an "old school" book price. I believe $175-$200 is more like it. Add 30% more for the cardboard base. (or sell it seperately). I haven't looked on Flea Bay so I might be way off. I'm sure some have sold. That will give you current "market" price. He is the one everybody wants. Either way, great find!

:o:o:o

Wow... I'm shocked.

This ghoulish fella will stay in my PC as I originally planned... However, when the time comes to sell... I'm now educated on how rare of a collectible it is.

Thank you for the wealth of information!

It's moments like this....The thrill of the hunt and never knowing what you will find that keep me going to flea markets and yard sales (thumbs u

Haha yes! This was a great flea market to check out. Lots of vendors with great items. Uncovering the golden age goodness was an added bonus. At the price I paid, it was a no brainier, but it's nice to save these books. I don't think they would have lasted much longer and the #13 especially looks great in a Mylar.

Haha yes! This was a great flea market to check out. Lots of vendors with great items. Uncovering the golden age goodness was an added bonus. At the price I paid, it was a no brainier, but it's nice to save these books. I don't think they would have lasted much longer and the #13 especially looks great in a Mylar.

Did you go to Brimfield last week? I usually fly out but couldn't make it this year. I usually do well in PA as well.

After responding to several craigslist ads that never got anywhere I finally was able to purchase a few boxes of books. It was about 4 small boxes of Indie/modern drek :P but the price was right so I hauled them home went to bed.

I sorted through the boxes today and here are the better comics from the boxes. Didn't think I would find anything so I am very happy with the books (thumbs u

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

And was amazed to find these two copies in one of the boxes as well! :headbang:

IMG_1916.jpg

Went to a bunch of flea markets yesterday. Very happy with what I found.

Got these for about $3 each. All in pretty good shape.

photo%2048.jpg

Got these at a comic shop that operates in a flea market. They had all back issues and magazines at 50% off. Got all of these for $15.

photo%2047.jpg

And then just a random collection from different places. Nothing to write home about. Paid about $12 for all of them. All of the 12 cent ones are in very rough shape.

photo%2046.jpg

Did you go to Brimfield last week? I usually fly out but couldn't make it this year. I usually do well in PA as well.

Unfortunately no. doh! I was hoping to but couldn't find a day to make it work. My wife and I are hoping to go to the July week

Edited by Tivo32

Great find!

Ebay seems to be 80-150 form completed sales.