• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

This is starting to look like one of my "subset" threads. Since we are on octopus covers here, I found this in one of my boxes. Just can't beat Matt Baker GGA (with an octopus). I thing there is a Seven Seas one as well but I am too lazy to look.

comalltop16_zpswkh8isa3.jpg

I love this cover.

The indicia indicates that Vincent Sullivan is the editor and that Golden Age greats Creig Flessel and Mart Bailey are associates in the company that produced this issue.

The Unites States Marines #3 (1944)

usmarines3.jpg

Here is the Seven Seas #3 Maybe my favorite issue in the run. Has Feldstein art inside as well I believe. Ole Matt sure drew some great GGA and GO (good octopus) covers!

comsevenseas3_zpswmleqeh3.jpg

This is starting to look one of my "junk" threads...

It looks a little awkward for Baker but could be an ink job by Feldstein who added something to the work. hm

Here is the Seven Seas #3 Maybe my favorite issue in the run. Has Feldstein art inside as well I believe. Ole Matt sure drew some great GGA and GO (good octopus) covers!

Great cover,RM. :applause:

I was returning my copy of The United States Marines to the stacks when I noticed sitting atop the next stack was a Matt Baker love comic.

Wartime Romances #6

wartimeromances6.jpg

Great stuff guys. I recalled a previous octopus thread, so I went looking to bump it - and found two of them.

Thanks for bumping them. :)

I enjoyed seeing a bunch of covers that were new to me.

Great cover,RM. :applause:

I was returning my copy of The United States Marines to the stacks when I noticed sitting atop the next stack was a Matt Baker love comic.

Wartime Romances #6

wartimeromances6.jpg

Great Cover On that Wartime Romances #6 thanks for sharing :)

5479050475_d03833be19_b.jpg

I noticed this one is in the octopus list but doesn't fit in the category.

6878289333_337aa94df4_o.jpg

Octopuses have tentacles but not all animals with tentacles are octopuses.

Edited by BB-Gun

5479050475_d03833be19_b.jpg

I noticed this one is in the octopus list but doesn't fit in the category.

6878289333_337aa94df4_o.jpg

Octopuses have tentacles but not all animals with tentacles are octopuses.

There definitely seem to be an abundance of octopuses (or octopus like creatures) on old comic book covers. I say this jokingly, but I am semi-serious, there are probably more octopus covers out there than there are cow or goat covers. Now those covers are indeed rare. lol

There definitely seem to be an abundance of octopuses (or octopus like creatures) on old comic book covers. I say this jokingly, but I am semi-serious, there are probably more octopus covers out there than there are cow or goat covers. Now those covers are indeed rare. lol

Our Gang has added a lot of goat covers. I suspect a few are on Animal Comics and WDCS too.

As others have noted, goat may well be the meat consumed by the largest number of people although a larger weight of pig is consumed worldwide. :devil:

17984672108_a827294ee2_b.jpg

I have eaten rabbit on more than one occasion in Belgium but only had goat curry in Pearl River, NY.

Edited by BB-Gun