• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

I had another good day of comic buying. I stopped in at a used book store and managed to get my hands on a copy of Deathstroke #58.

Did I miss more news, or is this just a personal find?

Completed listings on eBay told me that it was worth grabbing.

Well, it ain't pretty, but it is all mine for $10.

100_3268_zpsxwzczvds.jpg

100_3269_zpsrosdfkqy.jpg

That is worth $10 everyday of the week. nice pick up.

+1

I saw a coverless one for $5 at an antique show and didn't snag it.. probably should have for $5....

Hey All,

I went to a local antique show where I left with a few mega keys (these were actually the only 4 books I left with)...

The guy at the show knew a little bit about comics, but I wouldn't call him an expert. I asked him how he figures out his pricing and he told me that he and his partner sit down and 'try to figure out which books are hot'.

He had 1 long box of SA/GA key and/or high grade books, and maybe 12-15 long boxes of misc stuff ranging from X-men to ASM to Batman to Atom and so on. [i actually found the FF issue in the misc long boxes; I guess he didn't realize it was a key]

I ended up grabbing these:

Journey into Mystery 85 - lower grade, substantial spine roll but otherwise decent shape

Iron Man 55 - looks to be a mid grade copy

X-men 4 - low grade, small tears at the staples

Fantastic Four 45 - lower grade, small piece missing from front cover (bottom right)

FullSizeRender_zps5fnf5u5a.jpg

Edited by BigMikey416

Well... It's been bone dry picking down here for me these past few weeks... Ever since the northerners packed up and headed back home...

H2kVUdy.jpg?1

Picked these up for a buck a piece...

71eJcec.jpg?1

Now this... This was one of those impulse buys... I don't collect PEZ... And I know nothing about them... However... Vintage horror memorabilia... YES! I saw this piece and immediately fell in love with it :cloud9: Creepy black faced Creature From The Black Lagoon in a weird paper costume for $10 sure! Why not?

I have no idea how collectible these pieces are :gossip:

I'm not an expert on PEZ either, but out of curiosity I checked a price guide out from the library years ago. From what I remember the Univeral monster dispensers are very desirable/collectible. Finding one with the cardboard costume isn't something you stumble across everyday either.

I couldn't give you an idea of market value, but I think it's safe to say for $10 you did extremely well!

You SCORED Count! That is one of the best Pez dispensers! There are some more expensive ones but the Creature is top of the heap. I have had a lot of these " footless" ones over the years but have never one of the paper sleeves. Well worth getting up early for!

I finally get to share some stuff I found with you guys! All found at a local flea market, I like to consider them rescue projects.

photo%205_zps0szncuix.jpg

1_zps70xkevty.jpg

photo%207_zpsmnt8lubo.jpg

This is the JC Penney reprint in really nice shape. I'm thinking it's VF.

Then my two favorite absolute rescues:

photo%203_zpsvxnuvu22.jpg

Captain Aero #13 from 1944. It's absolutely beat. Cover detached and spine completely split, but it's all there and it's awesome!

photo201_zpspvhxmtxu.jpg

And then a coverless, beat copy of Captain Aero #21