• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

Haha. I couldn't resist.

On a side note. Anyone notice the early Earth-2 JSA x-overs getting a little heat? Is this due to Convergence, or perhaps something bigger? I have not read it yet.

Jay Garrick's helmet was apparently spotted in the Legends of Tomorrow trailer!

Well, I put in a stink bid of $250 on the Adventure #260 (graded at 5.0 but looks more 4.0 to me) that ended on Heritage tonight to test the theory as to whether the book was heating up and considered more key than SC #30 or Aquaman #1. I was not expecting to win with such a low bid, but I did end up with it for $220 = $262.90 with the BP.

Now I really hope it heats up a bit so I can actually sell it for a profit as I do not need this copy. lol

It heated up. An Adv 260 CGC 7.5 C/OW just closed on the 'Bay for $928. :o

Well, I put in a stink bid of $250 on the Adventure #260 (graded at 5.0 but looks more 4.0 to me) that ended on Heritage tonight to test the theory as to whether the book was heating up and considered more key than SC #30 or Aquaman #1. I was not expecting to win with such a low bid, but I did end up with it for $220 = $262.90 with the BP.

Now I really hope it heats up a bit so I can actually sell it for a profit as I do not need this copy. lol

I think it would've sold for even more if that stamp wasn't on the front cover. I like date stamps; 4-line name & address stamps on the middle front cover, not so much.

I think it would've sold for even more if that stamp wasn't on the front cover. I like date stamps; 4-line name & address stamps on the middle front cover, not so much.

Yes, could well have sold for more. I love that particular stamp because it neatly shows the name of the OO living in late 1950s Nebraska, probably a teenage girl when she purchased the comic to read the adventures of Superboy. She is probably still alive. Such a cool copy.

Yes, could well have sold for more. I love that particular stamp because it neatly shows the name of the OO living in late 1950s Nebraska, probably a teenage girl when she purchased the comic to read the adventures of Superboy. She is probably still alive. Such a cool copy.

Lysla Hiddleston Miller

Benson High School (Omaha, NE)

Class of 1961

so...likely born in 1943 or 1944.

She still lives in Omaha, and her phone number can be found online with a 5 minute google search. Amazing.

The house she lives in as a 3BR/1.5BA single family home - 1092 sq ft - and was built in 1962. I wonder if she got married right after high school, and has lived in this house ever since...?

Edited by jjeanius

:banana:hm

Metropolis is "across the bay" from Gotham?

Interesting observation, but I was more focused on the footnote stating the first Aqualad, Robin Kid Flash team up did not constitute the 1st appearance of the Teen Titans. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument that it should, but Im willing to listen :popcorn:

Not bad. Still below Showcase #30 but since I have both I hope they both continue to run. lol

Haha. I couldn't resist.

On a side note. Anyone notice the early Earth-2 JSA x-overs getting a little heat? Is this due to Convergence, or perhaps something bigger? I have not read it yet.

Jay Garrick's helmet was apparently spotted in the Legends of Tomorrow trailer!

His helmet spit out of a time bubble in the flash season finale.

Edited by paul747