• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Hopefully, they continue to dedicate a whole season to one villian as the main antagonist. That gives them plenty of time to develope the characters.

The last two episodes are just amazing.

Finally finished the show!!! :headbang:

True story:

I actually cried during the last episode...when Fisk emerged from the FBI Van and walked the street...I cried at how badass it was. Gave me chills.

Hopefully, they continue to dedicate a whole season to one villian as the main antagonist. That gives them plenty of time to develope the characters.
I think we're witnessing a fairly new medium applied to a comic book narrative: 'The 13 hour movie'.

And it's perfect for comic book storytelling. TPB length live action, conceived, written, produced and presented as a single arc. To be consumed at your leisure. :cloud9:

I hope Daredevil changes the comic book adaptation landscape forever. :wishluck: We get a million more of similar quality and wallop. It's a way better medium than the 2hr-cinematic-universe model.

I think we're witnessing a fairly new medium applied to a comic book narrative: 'The 13 hour movie'.

And it's perfect for comic book storytelling. TPB length live action, conceived, written, produced and presented as a single arc. To be consumed at your leisure. :cloud9:

I hope Daredevil changes the comic book adaptation landscape forever. :wishluck: We get a million more of similar quality and wallop. It's a way better medium than the 2hr-cinematic-universe model.

Can't agree more. And with the size and quality of home televisions, and audio, the experience couldn't have been had with tube TVs.

Wally Wood's estate pulling a Kirby?

Article on Bleeding Cool

It's odd that Wood's name is not included in the acknowledgements for the TV show. It should be.

I do question this, however:

" In his one year developing Daredevil, Wood brought sales from a near-cancellation bi-monthly to a hit monthly. The success continued through Romita’s handful of post-Wood issues but soon slipped back to a bi-monthly where it soldiered on for years afterward, only to return again to Wood’s hit monthly level of sales, over a decade later, under Frank Miller."

Daredevil went monthly with DD #11, cover dated Dec 1965.

It didn't go bi-monthly until DD #148 cover dated Sept 1977.

(there were 3 months skipped before this - Oct '71 and Feb & April "74)

That's almost 12 years of monthly status - the article seems to imply it went back to bi-monthly shortly after Romita left with issue #19.

Don't these guys do any fact checking for their articles?

Possible 'Elektra' Audition Tapes For DAREDEVIL Season Two Find Their Way Online

Thanks to a heads up from @Marvel_Spider, we have what might just be audition tapes for the role of Elektra in season two of Daredevil. Actually, it seems pretty obvious that they are for the character due to the fact that the conversations featured seem to take place between Elektra and a possible victim, and then between her and Matt in college. These probably won't make it into the show of course, but might give us an idea of what to expect from Marvel's take on the assassin.

:o

:whee:

Possible 'Elektra' Audition Tapes For DAREDEVIL Season Two Find Their Way Online

Thanks to a heads up from @Marvel_Spider, we have what might just be audition tapes for the role of Elektra in season two of Daredevil. Actually, it seems pretty obvious that they are for the character due to the fact that the conversations featured seem to take place between Elektra and a possible victim, and then between her and Matt in college. These probably won't make it into the show of course, but might give us an idea of what to expect from Marvel's take on the assassin.

:o

:whee:

I just read this, and came to this thread to complain you hadnt posted it when it came out lol

keep up the good work, clearly I was busy and missed your post :D

Edited by CBT

I think given that she has already been mentioned, the hand has already been introduced, and that this season is being inserted before the defenders, its pretty much a lock for it being her introduction, and probably the season ends

with her death

They will be able to maintain the same quality and tone with that storyline, while not taking anything away from the defenders plan.

Edited by CBT