• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

If he is going to take the heat, the least he could do is explain what advice he received that caused him to back out of a deal.

Edit: On second thought, it is actually better he didn't because that may interfere with the sale even more.

Whomever gave him some advice,sure was bad advice. It's a great looking book.

If he is going to take the heat, the least he could do is explain what advice he received that caused him to back out of a deal.

Edit: On second thought, it is actually better he didn't because that may interfere with the sale even more.

I posted here so as not to derail his sales thread. Looks like a great copy to me, one of the nicest 4.5s I've seen. If it doesn't sell in this venue, he'll do great somewhere else. It really is a great book.

It is very nice, it just puzzles me why something was said in the first place and why it would cause him to back out of the sale. I hope this doesnt become a regular thing on the boards.

It is very nice, it just puzzles me why something was said in the first place and why it would cause him to back out of the sale. I hope this doesnt become a regular thing on the boards.

He posted this the day before in the thread:

pm secret son I think he's still looking for one

Beautiful book but it looks like I have one lined up already.

It's more than possible that the "advice" he got was him culminating the purchase of the other copy, and not anyone actually saying anything to him.

It's more than possible that the "advice" he got was him culminating the purchase of the other copy, and not anyone actually saying anything to him.

That seems even worse.

That doesn't make sense though. He posted about having one lined up already BEFORE the :takeit: then he took it, then he backed out.

That doesn't make sense though. He posted about having one lined up already BEFORE the :takeit: then he took it, then he backed out.

Maybe he backed out of both? hm

Maybe he backed out of both? hm

The plot thickens. hm

(shrug) still don't get why someone would back out of that book. It's a great 4.5. I was thinking of upgrading mine, but seller isn't looking for trades so never mind.

"Lined up" wouldn't have necessarily meant "Definitive deal to purchase", though.

Without more info, we'll be doing nothing more than speculating. In any case, backing out of a four-figure deal won't do the "buyer" any favors for the future if he tries to make a similar purchase.

What could have happened. He was still negotiating the first book. Got nervous it wasn't going to happen. Took the second book. Then the first deal came through.

I nominate chezmtghut for the probation list, on April 25th he agreed to buy an avengers 55 cgc 8.5 from me, my sales thread link will be attached below with chez giving the thumbs up to the sale, when I pm him for payment he said it would take a few days, few days passed I pm him again with no response from him as I was leaving out of town in 1 week and wanted to send the book out before I left, finally got a response from him which I will copy below, I have even left him a message that I willhave to nominate him here and I will copy that response, it has now been 30 days, he continues to list in buy it now and in sales threads and has not paid,I will send him a separate pm now and place links and copy his messages below as I thought they were unique

I nominate chezmtghut for the probation list, on April 25th he agreed to buy an avengers 55 cgc 8.5 from me, my sales thread link will be attached below with chez giving the thumbs up to the sale, when I pm him for payment he said it would take a few days, few days passed I pm him again with no response from him as I was leaving out of town in 1 week and wanted to send the book out before I left, finally got a response from him which I will copy below, I have even left him a message that I willhave to nominate him here and I will copy that response, it has now been 30 days, he continues to list in buy it now and in sales threads and has not paid,I will send him a separate pm now and place links and copy his messages below as I thought they were unique

:popcorn:

No need to place them yes he took it via pm, I think so I don't embarrass him/her I will not place the message as he/she remembered about the avengers after I sent chez the new pm about being nominutated for the probation list, payment just now received so I withdraw this nomination, sucks I had to wait 30 days and it took a nomination to the list to get paid, I'll make sure I update my next sales thread so payment time is clear