• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Don't count me out, I'm not out of the race yet! :preach:

The last 2 books I need for my 1-64 set are marked "Graded" on CGC's order status.

I should have them before the weekend :wishluck:

Then I decide do I want to tackle the 65-104 set.

Heck yeah on the 65-104! (thumbs u

It is fun, but Joey has tons more room to fill in his set still, and I only need 6 more books when my latest submissions come back from grading in 2 weeks.

You're well on the way to a great accomplishment! :golfclap:

It's almost too bad CGC doesn't award points for completeness. It gauls me a little sometimes when someone with a handful of books has top (or very hight) status on the registry.

Don't count me out, I'm not out of the race yet! :preach:

The last 2 books I need for my 1-64 set are marked "Graded" on CGC's order status.

I should have them before the weekend :wishluck:

Then I decide do I want to tackle the 65-104 set.

Heck yeah on the 65-104! (thumbs u

I dunno, next I may have to focus on getting back into the BB #28 club again. ;)

It's almost too bad CGC doesn't award points for completeness. It gauls me a little sometimes when someone with a handful of books has top (or very hight) status on the registry.

Regarding awarding for completeness, I like this idea, it makes sense. Why don't you make a formal request to Gemma ?

The way I would request would be to take your current score and multiply it by the percent completed to get your composite score and generate a ranking.

Example for my set would be 79048 x .9 = 71,143

Current #1 set 115055 x .19 = 21,861

What do you think?

The way I would request would be to take your current score and multiply it by the percent completed to get your composite score and generate a ranking.

Example for my set would be 79048 x .9 = 71,143

Current #1 set 115055 x .19 = 21,861

What do you think?

hm

I have a question for my fellow boardies. 1 of the showcase issues that I sent in for grading got tagged with a C1 yesterday. It was purchased from a very reputable dealer raw a few months back as unrestored. How should I handle it?

I have a question for my fellow boardies. 1 of the showcase issues that I sent in for grading got tagged with a C1 yesterday. It was purchased from a very reputable dealer raw a few months back as unrestored. How should I handle it?

I think first you have to decide what you want. Do you want to return the book for a full refund? Keep the book and ask for a partial refund?

Then contact the dealer, inform him of the situation politely, and ask how the two of you can work it out.

I don't have it in hand yet. I have contacted the seller, and told him I will be in touch as I know more. He did reply back that the book had a lifetime guarantee since it was a missed resto on their end. He offered store credit for the cost of the book, and I told him I will be in touch as I know more. It sucks because any chance of a profit is gone on my end, and I am out a nice chunk on grading charges.

I don't have it in hand yet. I have contacted the seller, and told him I will be in touch as I know more. He did reply back that the book had a lifetime guarantee since it was a missed resto on their end. He offered store credit for the cost of the book, and I told him I will be in touch as I know more. It sucks because any chance of a profit is gone on my end, and I am out a nice chunk on grading charges.

To keep you as a satisfied customer I would think he would offer a cash refund rather than store credit, particularly if a significant amount of dough is involved. He might also offer to cover the grading fees, although that's iffier. I know some (many?) dealers argue that you made a choice whether or not to have the book graded, so they won't refund the fees. If it were me, I would refund the fees as well as your postage.

With respect to whether removing the ct is possible (or makes sense), the grading notes may give you a clue. You may not be able to figure out more without removing the book from the slab.

I found out today that my Showcase 20 was graded a 7.0 with OW pages. I still have 3 other books not yet assigned a grade, but I am super excited about the 20. I will post scans when I get it in hand this week.

I found out today that my Showcase 20 was graded a 7.0 with OW pages. I still have 3 other books not yet assigned a grade, but I am super excited about the 20. I will post scans when I get it in hand this week.

That's awesome Sammy :headbang:

Just in time too, Rip Hunter is likely going to be on the rise with his role in Legends.

So what are the other 3 books, do tell :baiting:

Holy cow, no kidding :o

That blew-away the predictions, didn't it.

It sure did. I'm glad I got my 9.0 a while back.