• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Marvel and Director James Gunn Have Already Started Casting ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’

guardians-2-plot-pic-630x420.jpg

While the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is partying together on the set of Captain America: Civil War, the Guardians of the Galaxy must be feeling a little lonely. While they haven’t yet been integrated into the larger Marvel universe, director James Gunn is ready to expand the Guardians universe. During a Periscope chat with fans yesterday, Gunn revealed that he’s already in talks with an actor about joining Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for a major new role, a new Guardian.

There are no specifics yet on which actor Gunn was referring to or what role that person would be playing, but here’s what we do know. Gunn has said that he’ll likely be adding two new members to the Guardians in the sequel. The common thinking is that one of those people would be Yondu (played by Michael Rooker), who was actually a member of the team in the comics.

Gunn previously told Screenrant, “One of my true hopes is that we can have at least two women in the next iteration of the Guardians,” so it looks likely that this new character is actually a woman. Could it be Phyla-Vell, aka Quasar? This would be a truly progressive choice, as Phyla-Vell is a lesbian. To be able to have a gay superhero in a Marvel movie would be a huge step forward for diversity in big-budget blockbusters. Whether or not they’ll actually do it, remains to be seen.

‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ to Kick Off Idea Behind Infinity War in 3rd ‘Avengers’ Movie

Reports have it that James Gunn is now working very hard to finish the screenwriting process towards the second half of the year. As of the first week of April, the writer and director has already churned in 70 pages of the initial -script of the movie.

While Gunn has yet to disclose any details, reports have it that he has given a robust treatment to the sequel with surprising twists and turns.

He has also met with Marvel Studio executives to discuss how they want the movie to come out and Gunn subsequently went back to his writing the working -script format.

This would be a truly progressive choice, as Phyla-Vell is a lesbian. To be able to have a gay superhero in a Marvel movie would be a huge step forward for diversity in big-budget blockbusters. Whether or not they’ll actually do it, remains to be seen.

:facepalm:

Psst, Mr. Gunn. Does the name Nikki ring a bell?

If the "leaked" accounts of Captain America are true... alongside what would most likely make 'sense' I would guess it would have to be Vision. This would allow the infinity stone on his forehead to go off into space and allow the Guardians to encounter Thanos drawing them into an alliance with the Avengers by the time of Avengers: Infinity War.

If the "leaked" accounts of Captain America are true... alongside what would most likely make 'sense' I would guess it would have to be Vision. This would allow the infinity stone on his forehead to go off into space and allow the Guardians to encounter Thanos drawing them into an alliance with the Avengers by the time of Avengers: Infinity War.

It's either that, or the Hulk theory, where he is jettisoned into space either by choice or by the powers that be in Civil War, and he encounters the GotG.

(shrug)

At least you were able to see it :)

My views may not be popular, or nice, but I should be able to express them, just like everyone else.

Is this the proper thread to discuss it? No. For that, I don't complain when posts go poof.

Am I nuisance? Probably, but that's life, eh? lol

But what about the soul gem and Warlock?

time gem, go back to see his mom, his decision to see her is what will ultimately lead to thanos getting control of it.

my 2 cents

similar to if you watched the last episode of the flash series. starlord goes back and realizes that by not changing anything, it is the reason why he becomes the person he is today (hence the -script brought him to tears).