• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

With two pristine copies currently up for auction by two of the big three,thought i'd share mine. Love this Knight cover. Condition wise not on those levels, but it's mine. :cloud9:

Top-Notch%20Comics%2012_zpsouiqwt9v.jpg

Nice - I used to own the San Francisco on that.

Long day juggling work while out of the office looking at houses ... but allow me to summarize missed activity by saying, thanks for the feedback on the BR 18... I am definitely all about uniformity, but think I'll hold off on the re-grade. There's no rush.

Next, in response to the TN12 and Hangman 3 posts: :applause: (thumbs u (worship):o:golfclap::cloud9::whee:

That's all for the Golden boy. G'night.

Since it's post your Hangman #3 week...

hangman3cgc8.jpeg

Oh man! What a copy!!!!

I have said it before but that cover has everything, German and Japanese war cover, nazis, people in tubes, bondage all you need it a hypodermic needle and it would be unbeatable.

A few more pics I took the other day.

IMG_2931_zpsulalwim5.jpg

And the legendary splash

IMG_2932_zpserucsctv.jpg

But the splash to 31 ain't no slouch either!

IMG_2933_zpsblz4anqc.jpg

IMG_2934_zpsxngxfcad.jpg

:applause::applause: Super cool splashes. I don't have either of those issues (yet). With interiors like that, it's hard to believe this was the house that spawned Archie and co.

Is the no# 30 hard to find? I think I remember someone saying it is impossible to find, even more so than the other zips.

Not impossible but dang near!! the double deuce is pretty tough too from what I gather...these books may simply be locked up in collections though who knows... they are the epitome of Classic

All the Zip war covers are tough. I've tried to figure out if any one stands out as tougher than the others & all I can really say is that 21 & 27 are a bit easier to find than the rest.

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

All the Zip war covers are tough. I've tried to figure out if any one stands out as tougher than the others & all I can really say is that 21 & 27 are a bit easier to find than the rest.

IMG_2930_zpsq7gu2zfm.jpg

:o(worship) That is a pretty serious group shot!!!!!!

At one point #34 was considered very hard to find.

If you go by the CGC census, the toughest of the first 35 issues (which seems to be the run of issues in highest demand) are 17, 19, 32 and 33. There are 3 or less of each in the census.