• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Hello all:

Longtime followers of this thread may recall this nugget from me about 2 years ago:

While I haven't posted a large image of this page in this thread, you all have seen my sig line for years, so you're all probably aware of my desire for THIS piece:

4YZIRLy.jpg

Well, after years of grousing, I got a bee in my bonnet :busy:

and spent the weekend in frenzied online research and digging.

After following a fairly epic trail of internet bread crumbs, (and much to my surprise), the owner of the page HAS BEEN FOUND. :acclaim:

Good to know after all this time.

Andrew

Well:

lEToo3D.jpg

Edited by thethedew

Hello all:

Longtime followers of this thread may recall this nugget from me about 2 years ago:

While I haven't posted a large image of this page in this thread, you all have seen my sig line for years, so you're all probably aware of my desire for THIS piece:

4YZIRLy.jpg

Well, after years of grousing, I got a bee in my bonnet :busy:

and spent the weekend in frenzied online research and digging.

After following a fairly epic trail of internet bread crumbs, (and much to my surprise), the owner of the page HAS BEEN FOUND. :acclaim:

Good to know after all this time.

Andrew

Well:

lEToo3D.jpg

Congrats glad to know it worked out for you! :applause:

Andrew, Congrats :golfclap:

Now that the page is in hand, any backstory? Did the deal come about as a result of this thread? Did the seller find you, or did you find the seller?

hm

-Mike

I travelled to his local convention with a pile of my collection in tow.

I'd never met him before, and was mildly nervous, as my travel plans had materialized late in the game and he wasn't aware I was heading his way.

Didn't know what to expect, but he turned out to be a patient, gracious gentleman. Deal done, I am ecstatic, and I presume he is satisfied as well.

So, this thread had nothing to do with the deal, aside from the welcome Moral Support!

Posted this tonight on my FB feed:

I was fortunate enough this past weekend to have the opportunity to trade for a Comic Art page which I remember overfondly from my adolescence - what The Hobby refers to as a 'Grail Page.' It doesn't have to be the most expensive or key of pages, just one that has a special, hitting-your-funny-bone emotional response.

I presume my trading partner is thrilled as well. I get overgenerous when I'm happy, and, bless his heart, he actually had to tell me 'Hey, dude - that's enough!' when I tried to press more trade into his hands.

I remember the exact spot I was standing when I saw that comic page for the first time, a scrawny awkward teenager jumping up and down at the corner of Dad's desk in his office, while he looked on bemusedly. I miss him so much; hadn't considered the nostalgia of comics might be so linked to family and places. Means a lot to me.

Andrew

I am an Iron Fist fan and enjoyed the New Avengers issues 25-27 AVX tie in where the Avengers go to K'un -Lun, drawn by Mike Deodato. I have not been able to find any pages from any of these issues. I am wondering if anyone knows if these pages were penciled and inked, digital, inks over blue line or otherwise available. Thanks

Hey Original Art fans!

I am hoping you can assist me in finding this page... its a friends "Gail" page and I thought I would reach out to you all for help finding it.

Thunderstrike, issue 24 page 26.

Artist = Ron Frenz

Hope you can help me out and I welcome any private messages in regards to this page.

Cheers!

Thunderstrike%208_zpsg2drkclx.jpg

Anyone know where the John Byrne (6 page?) back-up story from his Amazing Spider-man #1 issue from 1999 is? It was a Spider-man origin story and I've been looking for it since it was published. Even if NFS, please LMK. Thanks,

--- Mark T.