• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

If you have any selling questions, post them in the General Discussion Thread.

1) No. Most people have a kudos thread set up here and many also list their eBay seller ID's for feedback.

2) You can only list a book for sale in the appropriate subforum - so if it's a Silver Age book, list it in the G/S/B subforum. You can't then advertise it in the advertising threads. The advertising threads are really for eBay and other off-site sources.

WTTB! :hi:

If you have any selling questions, post them in the General Discussion Thread.

1) No. Most people have a kudos thread set up here and many also list their eBay seller ID's for feedback.

2) You can only list a book for sale in the appropriate subforum - so if it's a Silver Age book, list it in the G/S/B subforum. You can't then advertise it in the advertising threads. The advertising threads are really for eBay and other off-site sources.

WTTB! :hi:

Very strict N00B rule!

Isn't it a fair play to haze the noobs until they learn use the search function for the site..

In all fairness, it has to be the worst search functionality of all time.

The best way to search the site is to search for what you're looking for on Google... Include "CGC" in the mix and it's forum results galore.

Whenever you guys get a new (used) book do you guys open it up to inspect and flip through all the pages? Just went through a few silver age issues I had that contained value stamps and a couple of them had the stamps snipped out. Fortunately they were relatively cheap issues.

On the other hand when you buy an expensive book, isn't there a fear of damaging the book through inspection?

Edited by bonzai

Whenever you guys get a new (used) book do you guys open it up to inspect and flip through all the pages? Just went through a few silver age issues I had that contained value stamps and a couple of them had the stamps snipped out. Fortunately they were relatively cheap issues.

On the other hand when you buy an expensive book, isn't there a fear of damaging the book through inspection?

Start a discussion thread. This isn't one. :sumo:

Help I can't find the link, I want to have a signature line display my comics. How do I go about doing it.

From the second post in this thread:

www.picasion.com

Make sure your images/scans are all the same size before uploading. I generally keep my scans exactly at 640 x 1024. If your scans aren't the same size, the gif doesn't come out right once uploaded. Upload your images by "Choose File". You can do up to 10 images per gif.

Adjust Size: I generally do Advanced, 135.

Adjust Speed: Slower (3 sec)

Create Animation.

Copy the BBCode for forum/board.

[ URL=http://picasion.com/i/20jox /][ IMG]http://i.picasion.com/pic76/aeafb75496e0315d9f9f7521a951f62f/{{FRAME}}.gif[/img][/url]picasion.com 20jox[/ URL ]

Use ONLY from "" through "" deleting everything else.

[ IMG]http://i.picasion.com/pic76/aeafb75496e0315d9f9f7521a951f62f/{{FRAME}}.gif[/img ]

Now, delete "/{{FRAME}}" from the code so that you're left with this:

[ IMG ]http://i.picasion.com/pic76/aeafb75496e0315d9f9f7521a951f62f.gif[/img ]

Use the edited code in your sig line and you're good to go! \(thumbs u

So I have an extremely Noob question...

How do you change the font size in your customized sig line.

For example, people put their WTB lists, feedback links, etc., all in their sig line in a smaller font.

I am admittedly no computer genius, lol , and I can not figure this out!

Fellow boardies,

I would like to know if anyone knows how to post a picture or make font changes (bold, italic, etc) to the Registry Sets (not here on the boards) - I've seen a couple of sets with pics/bolded font and I'd like to be able to do the same myself.

Anyone with info on how to do this would be greatly appreciated (or point me to a thread that this has already been answered in) - thank you!

Sensei Ryan

Does CGC use different slaps or should they all look the same, now im not talking about the label i mean the slab it self..

just got in two books from eBay today and one is SO much thicker then the other and the thicker slab looks like it has an inner holder to keep the book in place.

Both cert #s are good and the sellers feedback is spotless just thought its something my newbie self should ask.