• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Girl - Key Issues

81 posts in this topic

Hey there :3

Does anyone know of a list of Key Issues relating to Power Girl? The only one's I can think of are the following:

All Star Comics #58 - First appearance

All Star Comics #59 - Second appearance

Infinity Inc. #7 - Superman vs. Power Girl

Does anyone know of any others? I mean what issue is her origin for example? And is there not a website which gives information on the key issues of a particular DC character?

All comments are welcomed.

When she first started to get hot about a decade ago, her 1988 mini-series began to heat up a bit, as did her origin story in Secret Origins (1986) #11, though neither seemed to hold the gains at the time.

Her 2006 one-shot and the first two issues of her 2008 series have Adam Hughes covers, and are in demand.

Showcase 97-99 are definitely keys, but she also makes a cameo in #100.

When she first started to get hot about a decade ago, her 1988 mini-series began to heat up a bit, as did her origin story in Secret Origins (1986) #11, though neither seemed to hold the gains at the time.

Her 2006 one-shot and the first two issues of her 2008 series have Adam Hughes covers, and are in demand.

Showcase 97-99 are definitely keys, but she also makes a cameo in #100.

Yeah, those Adam Hughes covers have been sneaking up there...along with his Power Girl covers for JSA Classified...

Another vote for Showcase #97. Very underrated in my opinion.

Showcase_Vol_1_97.jpg

+1 Classic looking cover. A poster image for Power Girl.

Also, I'm not sure anyone considers All-Star 59 a "key." Is it her second appearance? Sure. But key? I don't see it. If we're being really rigorous here, there are plenty of attractive, desirable Power Girl books. But only All-Star 58 qualifies as a "key," I'd have to say.

I love that Hughes cover. The last issue in that series does pretty well too, issue 27. I'm having trouble posting an image from my phone

Edited by kapzilla

The Hughes covers aren't "keys" because of the story, as the OP was asking about. But yes, there are a handful of tough issues to find from that series.

Judging by the covers they look more like mouthfuls to me

You've got an awfully large mouth . . . :grin:

I think this issue might has some kind of importance.

Showcase #97: Power Girl gains her Kryptonian birth name (Kara Zor-L), in this issue. Prior to this issue, no one ever called her anything other than "Power Girl" (along with "kid" and "Girly").

Also, when was the first meeting between Power Girl and The Huntress?

Edited by vane

The Hughes covers aren't "keys" because of the story, as the OP was asking about. But yes, there are a handful of tough issues to find from that series.

tig ol'...

tig ol'...

This got me thinking about her being in a movie. I don't think there is anyway that she could be in a movie with a chest like that. Women would go crazy.