• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Add this wanker: willpau_v8vdn

Offered me a fair price on one of my items (with a long note on how to pack properly) which I accepted a few hours later.

It's now been a week and no payment and no response to messages.

Maybe you should send him a long note on how to pay properly.

If I thought it would do any good, I would. (Or maybe I'll wait until the NPB cases closes.)

Small quibble: Why if a buyer hits my BIN item and never pays do I get charged to relist the item?

Add this wanker: willpau_v8vdn

Offered me a fair price on one of my items (with a long note on how to pack properly) which I accepted a few hours later.

It's now been a week and no payment and no response to messages.

Maybe you should send him a long note on how to pay properly.

If I thought it would do any good, I would. (Or maybe I'll wait until the NPB cases closes.)

Small quibble: Why if a buyer hits my BIN item and never pays do I get charged to relist the item?

I was just kiddin' around of course.

Regarding the BIN, I think there is a way to set up your BINs so that immediate payment is required. I forget the details but I'm pretty sure you can do that.

I also think that eBay doesn't charge to relist an item if it was canceled the first time.

Some quick replies:

So what happens when someone doesn't pay? What does ebay do?

Nothing much, if anything at all. At least until you hit a certain (high) mark. NPBs are not really hurting eBay in the slightest; eBay immediately takes on the FVF, even if you never get paid. Wonder if sometimes sellers forget to open a case and get that $ back.

Regarding the BIN, I think there is a way to set up your BINs so that immediate payment is required. I forget the details but I'm pretty sure you can do that.

I also think that eBay doesn't charge to relist an item if it was canceled the first time.

There is, but I believe you have to have a store to do that. I have also had several instances where a person will BIN and then send me a note saying they will pay in a few days -- and those transactions have worked out perfectly -- so I also don't want to lose that business.

I just had a NPB last week; closed the case, credited my FVF, and hit relist. Took out another $0.30 to list it.

If there is away around that, please let me know so I can use it on this most recent item.

There is, but I believe you have to have a store to do that.

No, at least for me, I just have a box to check in my regular selling format page that says "Require immediate payment by PayPal if BIN is used."

-slym

Nothing much, if anything at all. At least until you hit a certain (high) mark. NPBs are not really hurting eBay in the slightest; eBay immediately takes on the FVF, even if you never get paid. Wonder if sometimes sellers forget to open a case and get that $ back.

There would be far less non-paying buyers on eBay if eBay simply imposed a fee to those buyers who bid and win items but then don't pay. eBay has fees in place if you are a seller and you decide to end an auction (if there are bids) and you elect not to sell to the highest bidder, but if you are a buyer, and you choose not to pay, you get nothing more than a slap on the wrist if that from eBay.

Sellers can't remove bids anymore either without a fee being imposed. They bury all of this in their "updates" and a lot of sellers don't read those because you have to go through them with a fine tooth comb most of the time. It used to be that a seller could remove bids if they noticed a buyers feedback rating was low, or had negatives, but now if you do that, you get hit with a fee. If eBay started imposing fees for buyers who don't pay and don't elect to retract their own bids, you would find far less non-paying bidder issues.

Here's someone that you probably don't want to do business with: watcol_rn1ftinox

I bought a copy of Wizard #1 from this seller that was described as being near mint. The picture below shows the magazine that was advertised in the seller's auction.

Wizard%201%20Sold%20To%20Me_zpsdt4ft9cq.jpg

The following picture shows the copy of Wizard #1 that I received from watcol_rn1ftinox.

Scan0048_zpstmhdmnqo.jpg

Do you see the problem? If not, look at the next two pictures which show the magazine sitting directly on top of another Wizard mag.

IMG_4707_zps9g8f5mwf.jpg

IMG_4708_zpsyknwr1un.jpg

As you can see, this isn't the magazine that was advertised, because the one I got has a big chunk missing from it.

I contacted the seller about this issue and asked if they had sent me the wrong copy or something. The seller said no and then claimed that the copy I received wasn't the one that they sent me.

As you can imagine, I was unhappy with my purchase. The seller told me that they'd refund me if I returned the magazine, but insisted that I pay for the return shipping. I said that that wasn't going to happen and I tried to initiate a return through eBay. The seller never responded to that request, so I ultimately had to get eBay involved to get my money back.

That's one crazy trim job. Looks like just threw it in an industrial paper cutter without even an attempt to make the book rectangular.

acceleratedintelligence

attempting a Paypal cc charge back claiming unauthorized charge after he received the CGC graded comic and did not agree with the grade. Opened an ebay case against me, threatened a neg, gave me a neg(removed by ebay), ebay ruled in my favor now he's trying with paypal.

acceleratedintelligence

attempting a Paypal cc charge back claiming unauthorized charge after he received the CGC graded comic and did not agree with the grade. Opened an ebay case against me, threatened a neg, gave me a neg(removed by ebay), ebay ruled in my favor now he's trying with paypal.

I'm curious about the details on this. What comic/grade, and why did he say he disagreed with CGC's grade? The account name has a certain irony to it.

acceleratedintelligence

ebay member: Testeagleoz

Another member who filed a 'item not as described' on the seller (and won :o ) because he didn't agree with CGCs grading and believes it's the sellers responsibility to ensure the book is graded accurately.