• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

These can be ordered straight from the artist John Tyler Christopher for $20 or for a CBCS graded and signed edition for $55 more ($75 total). You can order them here.

This is from Comics heating up website, where I clicked on the link and ordered from on 4-8. It was very clear what you were ordering and how much,but maybe the actual site was not. I also thought it said 9.8, but maybe not.

I am in the Not Clear camp. I didn't travel via the comics heating up website. I figured that the company that is grading charges about $25 and the book raw is $20 so $55 an ok package deal. $75 for a $20 book to be graded is a bit steep imho.

It's also signed. Have you ever sent a book to be graded and figured out the associated costs?

DCBS is giving me a reason not to use them

They didn't just raise the prices on the action figure variants, but all the Star Wars variants. What is another alternative? I'm willing to throw money at another online retailer since DCBS seems to not want my business anymore.

http://5280comics.com/

They don't appear to have all the action figure variants available.

got my confirmation, paid $8 shipping and for an estimated 3 hour drive by car and it will take 4 days to deliver.

3 hour one way or round trip?

One way, if you get 30 miles to the gallon, it would take 12 gallons of gas to there and back. $2.50 a gallon, you saved about $22 bucks!

Round trip, it would take 6 gallons of gas, so you saved about 7 bucks.

Sounds good to me!

Still haven't received a tracking number for my graded.... :sorry:

I don't think anyone has received a graded one yet, and I think it might still be a week or two. Since he was not sure how many people would order it pregraded, I doubt he sent them in early. He may have had a special deal with CBCS to get them done quickly, however, so maybe we will all get them this month.

DCBS is giving me a reason not to use them

They didn't just raise the prices on the action figure variants, but all the Star Wars variants. What is another alternative? I'm willing to throw money at another online retailer since DCBS seems to not want my business anymore.

http://5280comics.com/

They don't appear to have all the action figure variants available.

Are you saying every single one that's being released? No, they wouldn't have every one. No pre-order site would because you can only pre-order for one specific month.

got my confirmation, paid $8 shipping and for an estimated 3 hour drive by car and it will take 4 days to deliver.

3 hour one way or round trip?

One way, if you get 30 miles to the gallon, it would take 12 gallons of gas to there and back. $2.50 a gallon, you saved about $22 bucks!

Round trip, it would take 6 gallons of gas, so you saved about 7 bucks.

Sounds good to me!

one way...considering they're not hand delivering it but it's loaded on a truck with a ton of other packages it cuts down on the cost.