• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Stopped by two stores today after work, between the two of them no Batman 40 except two copies of the Mask for $20 a pop. I did find a nice copy of JL40 1:25 for $11 though. Still plenty of the regular JL40 around. Probably not too much talk about it with all the other stuff going on this past week.

I finally got around to picking up some Divinity today between two stores... first store had two copies of 1 1st printing, but I only picked up one. Next store had a good number of 3s and one 1 2nd, I got one of both. Both stores say they have more of the first printings coming in of both 1 and 2, so I may have to check back on that. Just didn't want to be too terribly greedy with a book with a rather low print run, or I would have bought both 1st printings.

Also, no Bats 40 at cover price that I can find anywhere. JLA 40 is also wiped out completely.

Edit: also, managed to get a some leftover FCBD stuff... signed Captain Canuck (store owner just handed it to me), Valiant 25th, and Divergence.

How low? Whats the print run on issue 1, do you know?

or anyone else know?

Justice league 40 movie variant may be the worst one yet....looks like people way over bought that one from all the ebay listings. Might take a bit for people to catch on to Grail's 1st app.

Edited by krighton

Justice league 40 movie variant may be the worst one yet....looks like people way over bought that one from all the ebay listings. Might take a bit for people to catch on to Grail's 1st app.

Seriously, you can't let the ladies have one cover?

nomaam2.jpg

Edited by hulkfan1965

Armor Wars 1/2 Toys R Us exclusive isn't doing too bad

, Working on my house all weekend, I missed that too.

My kids are too old for Toys R Us now for the most part or spending the $25 to get a copy would be easy.

I imagine you could just buy whatever and then return it.

Sorry thats just not ethical for me. I am sure others do that, but its not me.

You can buy the regular cover for $5 there.

Divinity #1 - 12,079

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the total for all covers.

So, the North American estimates might be something like:

Divinity #1

Cover A - 7,500

Cover B - 2,750

Cover C 1:10 - 1,025

Cover D 1:20 - 512

Cover E 1:40 - 256

That would be right around 12,000.

It's likely that there are more copies in existence for the variants, the publisher always prints extras for themselves and the cost to print 1,000 is usually minimal so there may be 1,000 of just about every comic variant (from every publisher).

Divinity #1 - 12,079

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the total for all covers.

Divinity #1

Cover A - 7,500

Cover B - 2,750

It's likely that there are more copies in existence for the variants, the publisher always prints extras for themselves and the cost to print 1,000 is usually minimal so there may be 1,000 of just about every comic variant (from every publisher).

You are correct in terms of what the publisher prints. At least for the big 2. Valiant might only print 500, but who knows.

Also, in terms of actual incentives, there is no good way to know how many stores ordered what. I would think a majority of stores would not even qualify for a 1:10 for a Valiant book. While Midtown may qualify for 25. I personally would also assume that there would be around the same number of cover's A & B also.

Divinity #1 - 12,079

Divinity #1

Cover A - 7,500

Cover B - 2,750

With only a few on ebay, i wouldnt be surprised.

Ive only seen cover A 1st prints There.

Divinity #1 - 12,079

Divinity #1

Cover A - 7,500

Cover B - 2,750

You are correct in terms of what the publisher prints. At least for the big 2. Valiant might only print 500, but who knows.

Also, in terms of actual incentives, there is no good way to know how many stores ordered what. I would think a majority of stores would not even qualify for a 1:10 for a Valiant book. While Midtown may qualify for 25. I personally would also assume that there would be around the same number of cover's A & B also.

It's probably closer than what I estimated, but I don't believe A/B has ever been 50/50.

Even when the B cover is something awesome it still ends up 60/40 or 70/30.

There are just a lot of comic shops that don't bother with anything that isn't cover A.

It's like they don't want to confuse themselves. hm

Divinity #1 Cover B isn't very attractive. It's just geometric shapes. Cover A is a Djurdjevic.

Let's say 6,500 and 3,750 for A/B. (thumbs u

It's probably closer than what I estimated, but I don't believe A/B has ever been 50/50.

Even when the B cover is something awesome it still ends up 60/40 or 70/30.

There are just a lot of comic shops that don't bother with anything that isn't cover A.

It's like they don't want to confuse themselves. hm

Divinity #1 Cover B isn't very attractive. It's just geometric shapes. Cover A is a Djurdjevic.

Let's say 6,500 and 3,750 for A/B. (thumbs u

Agree with you on that.

It sounds like it could be something but I'm going to take a wait and see with this one. I'm interested in her story though so at some point, I'll jump in. I'm still heavy into these image comics for the most part but DC and Marvel are trying new, even if its mostly derivative stuff. (thumbs u

Edited by The Authority