• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Well, it took nearly 3 months, but it was worth it! My haul from Spencer's holiday sale arrived today. Nothing brain-melting, but a few things I'm happy to have. 11 new pieces overall, Here are the highlights:

I know not everyone loves JRJR, but I dig his stuff, and really enjoyed his new Cap run. Especially the stuff inked by Jansen, has such great energy. Reminds me of Kirby and Simonson.

JRJR/Jansen Cap v Jet Black page.

2mhugb6.jpg

JRJR/Jansen Cap Jet Black shower scene

x5xd0i.jpg

Reis/Lanning Aquaman. Loved this run as well. Reis reminds me a bit of Alan Davis. Plan to pick up some more from this run.

23h21xl.jpg

Booster Gold: Beetles fight!

2uyg57o.jpg

Demon Knights 1/2 splash

dy5g8l.jpg

Check the rest in my CAF gallery, linked in my sig. Thanks!

Sometimes the best acquisitions are the pieces that you aren't looking for that just suddenly fall into your lap. This is one such piece. I didn't even know this cover existed prior to seeing it in print for the first time this past weekend when a fan brought the books to the table for Mico to sign. Now it's my choice for Mico's best work to day, and I look forward to getting it framed and hanging it in my office.

Star Wars triptych by Mico Suayan

In April the final issue of Dead@17 was released. Back in October 2011 Josh pre-sold art from the final arc and these are the pages that I ended up choosing with my selections. I have to say I am very pleased with the pages I was able to get. For more information on them you can check out my CAF gallery of Dead@17: The Blasphemy Throne art. I still have some more pages coming that I ordered after Josh shipped these and I purchased some more today so be expecting 2 more updates in the coming weeks. :D

GbvLfm.jpg

GrJuy6.jpg

VDJXdT.jpg

tAQFgN.jpg

bucGN9.jpg

I have to work shows now, so don't get much chance to hunt around for art...but was able to get a couple of pieces at SDCC that scratched the itch:

KBF7rhu8_1507151325551.jpeg

DRby6rA8_1507151329541.jpeg

First page is from Eric Powell's just-completed BIG MAN PLANS. Trade should be coming out soon. Not for the faint of heart. I loved it.

Second is from the late, great Seth Fisher. Got this page thanks to Nick Pitarra, who has remained friendly with Seth's family. They live in SD, so Nick arranged this ahead of time and visited them when he got to town. Very happy to get this page and grateful to Nick and Seth's mom.

Bought it as a bday present for the woman. I rarely see any original Lenore pages come up for sale, plus is from one of her favorite stories. She's gonna poo when I give it to her next month!

<a  href=dirge_zpse1pbjaac.jpg' alt='dirge_zpse1p

Bought it as a bday present for the woman. I rarely see any original Lenore pages come up for sale, plus is from one of her favorite stories. She's gonna poo when I give it to her next month!

<a  href=dirge_zpse1pbjaac.jpg' alt='dirge_zpse1p

Damn dude that's awesome!!! I didn't know any pages existed!!! Are there any more that you know of that may be for sale?

p><p> Damn dude that

I got it from an ebay seller sultan_of_things who is in Belgium, I missed a page that he sold before this one and he had a cover for sale that was quite pricey and sold for whatever the best offer was.

Send him a message, he may have more