• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with the mags now. I loved Life With Archie, and a big part of that was because they were magazine sized. I just like magazine sized comics in general. I was just wondering if they were double sized or something. That would have been cool too.

I picked up the first 3 magazines. I like that the first issue reused the LWA variant cover that inspired the afterlife series. I didn't even realize that they were publishing the magazine format until #3. The only place I could find #1 and #2 was archiecomics.com.

The magazine format is a nice way to read the series.

Archie has finally announced the release date for Afterlife with Archie #8: May 6.

Additionally, they announced a new imprint for their horror titles: Archie Horror. This will include Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Tales of Sabrina, and an as-yet unannounced third title.

They also unveiled the new cover for #8, since the previously announced cover was used as the cover for the 2nd printing of #7:

AfterlifeWithArchie8Cvr.jpg

Finally, the article also includes a short preview of #8: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19/archie-comics-announces-new-horror-imprint-teases-series

YES finally another issue of Afterlife with Archie. :golfclap::golfclap::banana:

Archie has finally announced the release date for Afterlife with Archie #8: May 6.

Additionally, they announced a new imprint for their horror titles: Archie Horror. This will include Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Tales of Sabrina, and an as-yet unannounced third title.

They also unveiled the new cover for #8, since the previously announced cover was used as the cover for the 2nd printing of #7:

AfterlifeWithArchie8Cvr.jpg

Finally, the article also includes a short preview of #8: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19/archie-comics-announces-new-horror-imprint-teases-series

That's what I was afraid of.

I wonder how many subscribers have dropped this title

or lost interest at this point?

My fear is that they are losing the momentum that they started with. There's no reason it should take 4 to 5 months between issues. That allows too much time for readers to lose interest and just drop the title.

I would prefer that the story and art remain fantastic than them pushing them out every month. There are plenty of classics that took large breaks between issues. I haven't heard a single person say they were dropping the title because of the release schedule, if anything it's making them want it even more.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the overlook riverdale high

Just finished #8

Sooo worth the wait. This title never disappoints. So much thought and care goes into the art and story each issue.

Still my favorite book out there :headbang:

7 months later and we're still waiting for #9. Unfortunately Afterlife with Archie doesn't seem to be a priority for anyone involved with its production. I saw news that a -script had been completed in September but there's no telling when we'll see the next issue.

I spoke to an Archie rep at NYCC last year. I simply voiced my love for this book and for Sabrina, which I have also enjoyed, and said I wish the books came out more regularly. I was told, and I kid you not, in a very annoyed tone, "We are looking at this as art, you can't rush art, the books will come out when they come out." I said, "Yes, I agree about the art, but they are still products and the wait can really turn off readers." Wasn't trying to be snippy with them but Archie's response was really rude. The response was more of a turn off than the wait. I thought Archie was supposed to be a "nice company."

What happened to this title? (shrug)

Issue #9 is coming out in June 2016.

The book was on hold while the Riverdale CW show was being written

by the writer of the book.

Sabrina is also coming out in late May or early June.