• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

327 posts in this topic

Since this is the first hint of a candidate...

Ryan Phillippe Reveals That He's In Talks For A Marvel/Netflix Series; Could He Be IRON FIST?

According to Bleeding Cool, Ryan Phillippe appeared on the Howard Stern show this morning and revealed that he's in talks with Marvel to appear in one of their Netflix shows. Casting for A.K.A. Jessica Jones is more than likely finished with at this point and it seems a bit too early to start finding actors for season two of Daredevil, so could it be that he'll star as Iron Fist in Luke Cage?

ryan-phillippe-iron-fist-marvel.jpg

I had never heard before Ryan Phillippe has a blackbelt in Taekwondo.

I have a feeling they'll draw a lot of inspiration from the Brubaker/Fraction "Immortal Iron Fist" series for at least the 1st season. Very mythical Kung-Fu & exploration of the Iron Fist legacy thing.

I have a feeling they'll draw a lot of inspiration from the Brubaker/Fraction "Immortal Iron Fist" series for at least the 1st season. Very mythical Kung-Fu & exploration of the Iron Fist legacy thing.

If they do... :cloud9:

I think its very possible, they will tie kung fu into the Doctor Strange "mythical" realm, and with Strange, and likely the Defenders as well, appearing in Infinity War I am sure they will try to ground magic in with science via Quantum Mechanical effects etc.

They need Kung Fu to be relevant, and they like to use the more modern and lesser known source material for a lot of what they do.

I hope the fight scenes are choreographed by whoever did DD's scenes.

They were done so well to see IF in scenes like that will be amazing.

I loved Iron Fist....... bought MP 15 off the rack and I was already a "Kung Fu" fan from TV and this was basically the same origin as the TV show....just on steroids. I remember I was pizzed when Kane quite doing it and this new hack named John Byrne took it over..... but you could say he started to grow on me.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Seems Marvel has Some Creases to Iron-out Dealing with Netflix's 'Iron Fist'

Devin Faraci of Birth.Movies.Death dropped some thoughts on what the hold-up for Marvel’s upcoming Netflix show is, and it doesn’t exactly sound so great.

“What I'm hearing is that Marvel still hasn't decided what the direction of the show will be. They've brought in a lot of people to pitch, and have been having a lot of discussions, but so far nothing has stuck. My understanding is that one of the big hold-ups is the mystical element, with lots of different opinions on just how much weird wuxia to bring in to the show. I don't know if there are other arguments about the race of the character, although I do hope they're considering how to best proceed with that.”