• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

nice redaction of the thread, mods; that needed some censoring.

+1

No reason for that kind of stuff in this thread.

Or, really, any thread. I don't think we need junior high antics.

What did I miss?

nothing... someone posed a stupid question about a bodily function...it's gone now

What did I miss?

nothing... someone posed a stupid question about a bodily function...it's gone now

Came & went. (thumbs u

Back to the real world & on a more serious note, is the mighty Gator setting up at any shows this summer?

Comicpalooza? SDCC? Chicago?

I will be setting up at heroes, ww Chicago , baltimore and maybe NYcc. I will be at sdcc but not set up (though I might bring some books). When is comicpalooza?

I will be setting up at heroes, ww Chicago , baltimore and maybe NYcc. I will be at sdcc but not set up (though I might bring some books). When is comicpalooza?

It has settled in on Memorial Day weekend and appears to be positioning themselves as the southwest ComicCon. My impression: quadrupled in size last year from the year before (set-up & attendance). Hotel access and Convention Center fascilities are excellent, IMO. Con staff is volunteer and not always on the same page, but improving.

Comic dealers apparently did pretty well last year (ask Richard).

http://www.comicpalooza.com/guests/

Not all featured guests are yet listed; they roll out guests slowly as a marketing strategy, to keep folks coming back to check the site.

Rox & I were among Comicpalooza's guests the past two years, and we'll be on hand this year, ...although that may not be a big enough draw for da Gator. lol

No Tampa? I thought you did quite well there last summer. They are shooting for 50k attendees this year.

No Tampa? I thought you did quite well there last summer. They are shooting for 50k attendees this year.

We actually bought 4 booths for Tampa.