• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

While they are not "new" to my collection, I just got a bunch of grades back from CGC on a number of books I submitted. While I have many 9-2's to 9.8's and while I would love to have every book in that kind of condition, the scarcity and cost is so great that I was thrilled to get back the following:

200 Bugs Bunny 8.0

211 Little beaver #1 8.5

222 Zane Grays; West of the Pecos 7.5

228 Mask of Zorro (Zorro #1) 7.5

312 Tonto (#1) 7.0

434 Rin-Tin-Tin #1 7.5

567 Prince Valiant #1 8.5

568 Gypsy Colt 8.0

918 (Beep Beep Roadrunner #1) 7.0

990 Huckleberry Hound #1 7.0

1227 Morgan the Pirate 8.5

1234 Phantom Planet 6.5

1236 King of Kings 9.2

1259 El Cid 9.0

Obviously none of these are the quality sought by some connoisseurs but I guarantee that these are the best copies that crossed by path in over 10 years.

Many rarely show up and most show up only in low grade. I feel very honored to have found these books in the grades noted! I'll post a few pics when I actually get them.

great additions Glenn. So other than the DR Bobbs, is this latest set going to free up any more under copies?

Here are a few more of my more recent additions

fc%20161%20Tarzan%20and%20the%20Fires%20of%20Tohr_zpseyyzzsbm.jpg

fc%20161%20bc_zpsajh1ngt5.jpg

fc%20226%20Porky%20Pig%20amp%20Spoofy%20the%20Spook_zpsmkhwnp83.jpg

fc%20226%20bc_zpsyccutraw.jpg

And another of my earliest courtesy of our own Muster Mark. Thanks Jake

fc%20016%20Porky%20Pig%20and%20the%20Secret%20of%20the%20Haunted%20House_zpsyqdghyjo.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

I'm currently selling off my non core stuff on Ebay, but my attention has turned away from selling Four Color right now. I still have a few months worth of stuff to sell. When I sell all of that I'll probably try to get down to the core Four Color collection and sell duplicates. Like you, I'd love to trade but so few people have anything I need at this point....I'm in the high branches, as they say,

FC 211 Little Beaver #1. You simply cannot find this book anywhere. You see it come up every few months in really poor condition. I think I bought this in a lot of 12 Little Beavers. It was the only copy even worth thinking about of the 12 and turned out a miraculous 8.5.

FC%20211%20A7_zpsylphhcju.jpg

FC 222 Zane Grey's West of the Pecos. You would think this was somewhat easy, but it's not. Second only to Drift Fence, which I am still trying to hunt down in higher grade! Riders of the Purple Sage is tough also.

FC%20222%20A9_zpse1cua5sl.jpg

FC 312 Tonto #1-I think the Mile High Copy sold a while a go for a few hundred. Out of my league these days with college tuition. But, other than that, I added another copy of which is the best I have ever seen.

FC%20312%20A19_zps4k0koqwf.jpg

Fc 351-Porky Pig. Here is one you can find copies selling on EBay for, all day long. But then check out the grades and you will see almost none greater than VG. Those that are, are usually badly mis-graded. This is actually , at 8.0, the second highest of just two copies graded! So once again, in this "mediocre" set of graded copies, I count myself very lucky.

FC%20351%20A21_zpsawe6mtbf.jpg

Fc 351-Porky Pig. Here is one you can find copies selling on EBay for, all day long. But then check out the grades and you will see almost none greater than VG. Those that are, are usually badly mis-graded. This is actually , at 8.0, the second highest of just two copies graded! So once again, in this "mediocre" set of graded copies, I count myself very lucky.

FC%20351%20A21_zpsawe6mtbf.jpg

Nice Looney Tunes there!

The 918 (Road Runner #1)is another toughie

FC 232 Woody Woodpecker-I bought this from Basement Comics. I have never seen better, believe it or not. I think I bought it as a Fine, had it pressed and hoped for better...not so.

FC%20232%20A13_zpsrwdvbtze.jpg

Fantastic books! Thanks for sharing! :applause:

FC 567 Prince Valient #1 with none other than Robert Wagner on the cover. This is going to be a book that a few people on these boards have never seen. Talk about impossible to find. It is the top graded copy, by far, at just 8.5!

FC%20567%20A9_zpszwh6iltm.jpg