• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Some day, someone in Hollywood will realize that stupid trendy haircuts on male characters (at least those characters that aren't slaves to teen-pop-culture as part of their personality) are a bad thing that dates their movies horribly.

Unless he's going all Flock of Seagulls because it's set in the 80's, in which case it's a lame characterization of Nightcrawler on par with the Sony Exec that wanted Spidey to be a tuff-muddin, EDM listening, snapchat-ing pop culture cliché. But at least would make sense.

Some day, someone in Hollywood will realize that stupid trendy haircuts on male characters (at least those characters that aren't slaves to teen-pop-culture as part of their personality) are a bad thing that dates their movies horribly.

Unless he's going all Flock of Seagulls because it's set in the 80's, in which case it's a lame characterization of Nightcrawler on par with the Sony Exec that wanted Spidey to be a tuff-muddin, EDM listening, snapchat-ing pop culture cliché. But at least would make sense.

Agreed...

I'm not digging the look, but as always, I will give it a chance.

Nightcrawler in X2 was fantastic to me, looks and powers wise.

Edited by vikingreed

Agreed...

I'm not digging the look, but as always, I will give it a chance.

Nightcrawler in X2 was fantastic to me, looks and powers wise.

+ 1

When he took out all of the Secret Service detail and was about to take out the President, I was just sitting there in shock how much they nailed that character. Outstanding!

When he took out all of the Secret Service detail and was about to take out the President, I was just sitting there in shock how much they nailed that character. Outstanding!

...and then he spoke, and the magic disappeared with a *bamf*.

The sad thing is that they didn't even need to make costumes or hit up vintage stores. They just went to the regular mall & bought the 80's retro junk that passes for fashion today.

TIGHTS AREN'T PANTS!

Sorry... I have a pet peeve about that.