• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Uncanny Inhumans #0 1:100 Variant is disappearing from eBay, and the only buy it now just DOUBLED their asking price to $200.00. Shame I missed out at MTC, who had this available for $52! I did nab both 1:50's and the 1:100 today, 3 best covers for sure!

Keep an eye on this book, likely to be very key to Marvel going forward.

Also, I have sold 2 Batman 40 1;25's. 1 Fett, Marvel Now Point 1 #1, having a good eBay week!

Are they holding them back or are they not even aware of it being "hot"

I saw no Valiants on the major dealers wall books

I only found post unity in the cheap bins like normal and the only keys I picked up were two Rai 0s for $10 each

To echo Hector I saw 1 dealer with Valiant wall books -- a Harbinger #1 w/o coupons and creased/tore and a Harbinger #2 as well.

I found a box of Valiants at another dealer with everything "key" missing except for BS #7 (which is a stretch).

I wondered if there was a Valiant shortage at this show because:

1. No one brings them anymore

2. No one heard of the news

3. They were brought but picked by the time I got there (as in the case of the 1 long box)

I did some digging at C2E2 and found these Pre-Unity Valiant comics.The Solar 3 and Harbinger 3 were on a wall the rest in boxes.

I saw zero Eternal Warrior 4 or Rai 0s. One dealer said his boss told him to bring any key Valiants out of backstock only to realize they had hardly any.

A few dealers mentioned the Bloodshot/Harbinger movie news and seemed interested/excited.

C2E22015PreUnitys.jpg

Dan

Ah ha! So your the one who grabbed that Harbinger 2 from Zapp. Glad it went to a boardie. I noticed they had a Harbinger 1 with no coupon for $20 but after mulling it over a bit it was gone :sorry: Really didn't see much Valiant keys as well, but did grab a Solar 10 for $5.

Uncanny Inhumans #0 1:100 Variant is disappearing from eBay, and the only buy it now just DOUBLED their asking price to $200.00. Shame I missed out at MTC, who had this available for $52! I did nab both 1:50's and the 1:100 today, 3 best covers for sure!

Also, I have sold 2 Batman 40 1;25's. 1 Fett, Marvel Now Point 1 #1, having a good eBay week!

What makes the uncanny inhumans #0 a book a key to watch? first appearance ?

While we were setting up I saw a bunch of dealers go around and pick up most of the Valiant wall books. I even managed to grab a couple myself. Another dealer I talked to let me know that he'd sent his stock for C2E2 to Chicago weeks ago (before the books started to heat up) otherwise he would have brought more Valiant.

I only found post unity in the cheap bins like normal and the only keys I picked up were two Rai 0s for $10 each

To echo Hector I saw 1 dealer with Valiant wall books -- a Harbinger #1 w/o coupons and creased/tore and a Harbinger #2 as well.

I found a box of Valiants at another dealer with everything "key" missing except for BS #7 (which is a stretch).

3. They were brought but picked by the time I got there (as in the case of the 1 long box)

I did some digging at C2E2 and found these Pre-Unity Valiant comics.The Solar 3 and Harbinger 3 were on a wall the rest in boxes.

I saw zero Eternal Warrior 4 or Rai 0s. One dealer said his boss told him to bring any key Valiants out of backstock only to realize they had hardly any.

A few dealers mentioned the Bloodshot/Harbinger movie news and seemed interested/excited.

C2E22015PreUnitys.jpg

Dan

Ah ha! So your the one who grabbed that Harbinger 2 from Zapp. Glad it went to a boardie. I noticed they had a Harbinger 1 with no coupon for $20 but after mulling it over a bit it was gone :sorry: Really didn't see much Valiant keys as well, but did grab a Solar 10 for $5.

i grabbed this at my LCS when it came out... i figured the Uncanny Inhumans 1:100 would be a harder book to find since it was the same week Convergence 0 came out and smaller shops would be ordering heavy to get the catwoman Hughes1:100 instead of it... be nice if one of my gambles paid off...

Edited by zupaphly

For the past 15 years (before the Valiant investment and movie announcements), I was always told by dealers who had Valiant "back home" that Valiant doesn't pay for the space it takes up at a convention. Limited tables, limited boxes, and Valiant is 95% dollar books... bought by people who like Valiant.

If you're going to fill your tables with dollar books... you're better off with the big two (or three) publishers.

Valiant keys have been picked out of probably 95% of Valiant boxes. The remaining 5% probably don't realize they have anything good in there... or they still have 1993 prices on them. lol

This is one of the reasons I always did so well at shows with the Valiants I brought - and I always came loaded. No one else took them seriously. And this was all pre-VEI during down times.

I sold off my comic show inventory (not my Valiants! Kept those!) about a year ago and am no longer doing shows, but if there ever comes a day where I can set up at a show and bring only Valiant books, like I did in 1993, I will be the first one in line to set up.

i grabbed this at my LCS when it came out... i figured the Uncanny Inhumans 1:100 would be a harder book to find since it was the same week Convergence 0 came out and smaller shops would be ordering heavy to get the catwoman Hughes1:100 instead of it... be nice if one of my gambles paid off...

This is like Guardians Of the Galaxy #2 1:200 Joe Mad cover...desirable, even for non Guardians collectors.

Just a good artwork Variant, and being the rarest of all the Uncanny Inhuman #0's it will only go up! The 2 1:50 covers deserve some love too.

My LCS cannot order enough of Inhuman titles to get the variants most of the time, so I am left to outside sources. But can get me 4 Batman 1:25's a month. :screwy:

I do have a pretty sick run of Inhuman Variants though, the #1 Medusa covers, especially the 1:75 and 1:100's are such awesome looking covers! The Ramos 1:50 was too expensive for me to get vs. the better J. Scott Campbell and Milo Minara covers. Love the whole run on Inhuman though, the writing isn't that bad for Marvel.

Uncanny Inhumans #0 1:100 Variant is disappearing from eBay, and the only buy it now just DOUBLED their asking price to $200.00.
What makes the uncanny inhumans #0 a book a key to watch? first appearance ?

Spoilers!

Black Bolt's son becomes Terrigenesis transformed and is sent back in time by Kang to basically become the First Mutant or Father of the X-Gene. Rumor has it that this is how they make all the X-Men, Inhumans by simply making the genetics of the gifts to all of Ahura's children, not require Terrigenesis, just puberty/stress like all the mutant kids do

Politics, this is the reason why Bendis said he was not on board to help Marvel re-write (kinda) the X-Men into being Inhuman descendants, and how Marvel was circumventing the "whole Fox has a grip on the word Mutant, how can we get around that and build our Cinematic Universe without Paying them for usage of the word.

.....Horrible show and owner of the word MUTANT.

So anyway, look at the last page of Uncanny Inhumans #0, and you will see the future teaser clearly showing

Cyclops

Let's see what happens with Secret Wars and the All New X-Men's original 5 either staying or going.

You are right. I do NOT list variants at all UNLESS they are bringing crazy more money than they normally would. A 1:25 ratio variant usually sells for about $12.50 - if one sells for $50.00 its going to be reported by me just as an example.

Well every chance the Batman #40 combo pack will be heating up.....just got this from forbidden planet

Hi,

Thank you for ordering:

3272657 Batman #40 (Combo Pack) (Endgame) QTY 1

We have been advised that due to a printing error, Diamond UK will not be receiving any copies of this comic. Unfortunately this means that we will not be receiving any stock of this comic and we have been unable to source these elsewhere to fulfil this part of your order.

Our apologies for the delay to informing you of this, we had hoped to complete this for you.

Regrettably this item on your order has been cancelled. Please be assured you’ve not been charged.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused by this cancellation.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Team

Forbiddenplanet.com

144 Southwark Street

London

SE1 0UP

This is like Guardians Of the Galaxy #2 1:200 Joe Mad cover...desirable, even for non Guardians collectors.

Just a good artwork Variant, and being the rarest of all the Uncanny Inhuman #0's it will only go up! The 2 1:50 covers deserve some love too.

Don't really see the appeal of Oum. Check out the features on her characters. They are just in between realistic and designed to be art, which is a bad place to be.

Are you really going to tell me this is great art compared to the artists out there today like Noto, Hughes, JSC, Artgerm, etc..?

Spider-Gwen

Spider Woman 1

Gladly pass...